• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Get Stripe Back Or Close To New

JBRyan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I removed the stickers from the boat as they were looking rough. Wondering if I can get the grey stripe back to or close to new looking or should I look to just wrap the boat?
IMG_5188.jpgIMG_5236.jpgIMG_5238.jpg

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Similar situation here. I think I'm gonna end upnwetsanding to get the color back.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hula boat care. Check their products out. I used them and I believe they will get get your boat looking new again. I used a harbor freight polisher and started with Hula Riptide to remove shadows & oxidization.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The color under the graphic stripe is the real non-oxidized color, You need to get the rest of the hull to look like that. Taupe not grey. I would say to try the Hula products on a small area first. Because, I saw a picture of @Babin Farms boat the other day and damn it looked good. If it does not work, wetsanding will. I used 1000 and 2000 grit, circular motions only. After wetsanding I used this kit/products three years ago Amazon.com: Marine 31 Porter Cable 7424xp Boat Oxidation Removal Kit: Automotive , not available now. Others are. I added a rotary polisher with a wool pad to the tool kit since. It will work faster to remove the oxidation. Just keep it moving. Work in small overlapping 2'x2' areas.

20170415_144558-1.jpg

20170430_102323.jpg

After wetsanding I used the DA to polish and wax, didnot have a rotary yet.

20170526_132723.jpg

Last edited: