• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Give Me Shelter

JetBoat195G

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
I really envy you guys that mention putting your boat in a garage, or worse yet, showing pictures. My garage is about two inches too narrow to fit my boat and trailer. I studied and pondered for a while how I could modify the garage opening to fit the boat and trailer, but in the end, I decided that reframing the garage, and evicting my tow vehicle from the garage, to fit the boat and trailer was a bit extreme.

I didn’t like the idea of having to take off a tarp every time I used the boat or wanted to get into the boat, so I bought a shelter. It's been about four years now that I’ve been using the shelter, so I thought that I’d share my thoughts (a bit of a review) in case anyone else can benefit from my experience. Below are some images of my Scarab 195G in the shelter to give you a sense of how it fits. I’ve been fairly happy with the way that the shelter has held up. I did spring for the middle of the road heavy duty PVC cover. It’s a ShelterCoat Custom Round Shelter, 13 ft. wide x 20 ft. long x 10 ft. tall Heavy Duty PVC 14.5 oz. Green in case that helps anyone with the dimensions. One issue that I’ve had is condensation within the shelter, but that may be because I merely set it up on my yard without putting down stone, concrete, etc, since I expect to move in a few years and wanted to be able to remove it with minimal effort. I did buy the vents that you see at the top of the entrance, but they don’t provide sufficient ventilation to prevent mold/mildew from developing on the interior of the fabric over time, requiring some cleaning every once in a while. I do pull the snow off of the shelter with a long brush when we get a New England snowstorm. Again, just some thoughts and dimensions in case they are of value to anyone.

Attachments

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That looks good, I built something similar to that with electrical PVC and 16 mil tarp. It is solid as a rock. That is way nicer than what i have. But i tell you, not having to tarp it and keeping your boat protected from sun and leaves is worth a million bucks.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You could put a fan and dehumidifier in there to help with the mold. I bought a small one for 40 bucks from Amazon and it connects about a quart a week. It helps with the mold quite a bit.

Scarab16

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
I use a similar shelter for my 195. its a 12x20 and fits perfectly. I use a roof rake to keep the snow off it in the winter.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@JetBoat195G In regard to ventilation, if there Is only the top vents on the ends, you will only get good ventilation when a breeze pushes on an end. If you have a vent or gap at the bottom you can get a convection current. I would look at adding a solar powered fan to at least one of the current vents, one on each would be better (one pushes, the other pulls.) HTH

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where did you purchase this from?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think if it was 12' tall I wouldn't have to put down my tower to get it in there. Also would need 24' long. It got pricey quick. Not sure I could have one in the back yard per the city, but definately worth a questions or two.

1688484411407.png