• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Glastron 187 GTS 250 Hp Error msg - NO ECS DATA

Sebastiaan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Hello all,

I have a Glastron 187 GTS with the 250 Hp Rotax option, all well and good for the first 33 hours.
Now however i have an intermittent fault that causes the engine to stop. Irrespective off the position of the throttle.
Please let me know if anyone has come across this? I am cruising along, the engine then stops and the following message is displayed on the digital dash display:
NO ECS DATA
The engine will not start again unless i turn off the battery switch and then turn on the ignition again.
Anyone???

MIDLIFECRISIS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Sounds to me like your engine computer is turning its self off and turnig the battery switch off and back on is re booting the computer and this is clearing the code that is killing the engine. You can do the same thing on a car.

Sebastiaan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Hi,
That sounds about right. I am going to clean all of the contacts with some electrical cleaner and see if it just a bad connection somewhere...
Typing the message "No ECS data" into google didnt come up with any user manuals for the engine that could tell me what the code actually means, do you know where i can find this info by chance?
cheers

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Fault is most probably caused by a bad breaker.
Look at the breaker supplying power the ECU, it must be losing connection while driving.
The "NO ECS DATA" is the gauge telling you it lost communication with the ECU.

JGONZ

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Hello. First post and looking at a 2014 187 GTS where owner is having the same issue. Looking to purchase boat but wondering what the fix was/is for this. Does anyone know for sure? Thanks for the assist in advance.

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Glastron 187 were good boat, I wish they were still making them ... especially with a Rotax ACE 300.
As far as your problem, I would look at replacing those relays in the fuse box. Is the boat running alright or is having normal driving issues?