• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Glastron GTS187 improvement ?

WilliamD

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Hi !

First of all, sorry for my english, I'm doing my best.

I'm owner of a 2015 Glastron GTS187 (250Hp). Only 10 hours of experience but already few negative things I would like to share and may be some of you have solutions or improvement, who knows ?

- Noise level : it is clear that this boat if very - very noisy. To me, not only the engine is a reason for this noise, but vibrations and resonance. This is a small engine with stainless steel exhaust inside a very large cavity, and no EPDM load are sticked inside to avoid vibration, and the noise can go everywhere in the hull. How to improve this ?

- Stability : I have been very scared the first time because this baot is very sensitive to any mouvement of people inside during shipping, or if the load is not well spread inside. Then, with a wake board behind, it can be very tricky to maintain the line with an adult person wakeboarding. In fact, no Z-drive or outbord engine means no "skittle effect". Any idea to improve the stability ?

- Jet propulsion : it look very easy to get it dirty with plastic bags, greens, and so ... every time it is necessary to take the boat out, clean and so ... really bad I have to say ... It look like the protection is not able to prevent this, and no access to the jet from the inside. Any improvement ?

Well, beside this, I'm very happy with this boat but it could be so much better with those improvement !

Thanks for your feedback !
Have a nice day

William

genwrx

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Yes these jet boats are pretty loud, you should be able to add sound deadening material to help.

It's also a small boat with no prop so yeah it will be sensitive. You are going to have to make steering adjustments all the time, I think this is especially true for all single engine jet boats like these.

Trim tabs would probably help it be more stable while passengers are moving about.