• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Go5 install in 2019 AR190. Help

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I purchased the GO5 because I really wanted something flush mounted that looked almost factory.

The delima. It barely fits in the spot and I am concerned with being able to make the cuts and how thin it will be around the edges, if i can even really cut that close without it snapping or breaking.

So the question is should I install this or look for another option.

Here is it in the front.
63D3949A-75F3-4870-B452-DC657D0A1026.jpeg

Here is the back
I am going to either have to remove the epoxy that holds the mounting screw and move it, or maybe just leave it off. Other option would be to just have 3 screws on the G05

I trimmed the template so the corners are where the mounting screws go and the shaded area will be the cut that the unit sits in.
D5957B14-EC1A-4E5F-9BDA-B6DC9E58D3D1.jpeg

Here is the boat with the dash off. The lip behind that the dash piece Mounts too will require a little trimming but shouldnt be much.
C8DD3C53-53D1-43C0-9F0C-3CE20BFD272D.jpeg F9B2FB31-57FC-42B5-B876-A52647E4FEEB.jpeg

Stock photo for reference. CB6325B0-6DCC-41E9-AB77-7750ABD7095E.png

Any advice would be great!
Anyone In the DFW area that wants to come help is welcome as well.

Attachments

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'd go ahead, it is stiff enough to be cut close. That's how my garmin went in. It's solid as a rock in there. I wouldn't worry about the epoxy and go through it.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
looks really sharp man, I hope the simrad aoftware is better than the Garmin, I find mine is very basic. I wish I had Navionics which has more available than the LakeVu on Garmin.

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Appreciate it, so far it’s been great and accurate. This unit came with the Cmap insights Inland. It tells you where all the docks and marinas and even has some spots marked for fishing with tips. The markings for contours seem to be dead on.

I wish I understood the echo stuff better, gotta educate myself so I can actually catch some fish instead of just throwing bait around. Haha.

Meant to take some pictures of it today and forgot while we were out.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Appreciate it, so far it’s been great and accurate. This unit came with the Cmap insights Inland. It tells you where all the docks and marinas and even has some spots marked for fishing with tips. The markings for contours seem to be dead on.

I wish I understood the echo stuff better, gotta educate myself so I can actually catch some fish instead of just throwing bait around. Haha.

Meant to take some pictures of it today and forgot while we were out.
I liked your G05 so much that I looked at replacing my Garmin 53cv with the same but the hole in my dash was too large already due to the 53cv cutout.... So i just went for it and bought the G07 XSR and ... it doesn't look quite as factory as your G05 but I love its functionality way better than my Garmin. Thanks for sharing your experience.

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I liked your G05 so much that I looked at replacing my Garmin 53cv with the same but the hole in my dash was too large already due to the 53cv cutout.... So i just went for it and bought the G07 XSR and ... it doesn't look quite as factory as your G05 but I love its functionality way better than my Garmin. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Glad I was helpful! Would love to see pictures of your install.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I put a few pics in a thread in the Yamaha 19ft boat forum but here’s what it looks like

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks good! Do you mount the transducer on the stern or glue it inside? Which one transducer did you use?
I went with a P79 mounted glued in-hull. Will test it’s performance this weekend.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Man the GO is really a great little unit and that P79 transducer is strong, never loses bottom. Very very happy I jumped in on this one.