• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Going to checkout an AR210 today what to check?

Cyclonegrey

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Heading out in a bit to check out a 2018 AR210. Anything specifically I should check?

Cyclonegrey

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just to follow up with the AR210. My first impression was that the person wasn't a "boat" person. They bought the boat for the "Summer of Covid" and are trying to get all their money back before storing. They definitely do not have the boat prepped for storage. Boat was very dirty, Lot's of green lake sludge on the fiberglass behind the cushions etc... Mildew in all the compartments. You know the feeling when you can tell that the boat wasn't "loved".

My Daughter loved it just because she could climb everywhere. My wife thought it was just OK and the smell and dirtiness turned her off. It was also a good reference in size for us and I had to have my wife and daughter move over and over so I could access under the seats, move the cover out of the way etc...

It's a shame but the boat kind of turned me off of the 210 because of the condition and space. I was always shooting for a larger boat but it really looks like the 21' will be tight unless stowage is managed well.

Still on the hunt but I'm starting to lose the enthusiasm for the yamahas

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Cyclonegrey I don't get that feeling with 21'. If you find that it is tight with 3 people, then you probably need a yacht or at the very least a pontoon. I typically have 6 on every outing, have had 10 as well (which gets snug), kids, gear, porta potti, tubes, bags, etc. etc. Never found it tight, actually found it quite open with plenty of room compared to other boats I have been on. Perhaps you have different expectations on how open a boat that size should be.

As far as a boat being dirty and smelling, those can be corrected very easily. Could be a nice way to drive the price down.

Cyclonegrey

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I really think is was the fact that the owner who was showing the boat had it a mess with stuff just jammed in random places and the cover just balled up in the bow. If I were to set the boat up I’m sure it would feel more spacious. Add that to the fact that my 6 year old is like a monkey crawling all over everything which added to the feeling. Still haven’t written the 210 off completely but I feel the 25 would be a better fit.
The normal “crew” for me would be 4 adults and 3 kids

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You could do that in the 210/212, the 25 would feel a bit bigger. Although if you were to get a hell of a deal on a 21' used that has been not loved as much as it should of, there could be a great incentive there.

We are looking at the 25' possibly for next year, but may wait it out another year or so depending on quality, bugs and demand/price. Our primary reason is for the higher freeboard and size since we run in the Great Lakes a lot. But until we can get a bunch of reviews and see our selves one up close we are being reserved. The model we would most likely get is the AR250.

The AR210 we have has worked out awesome for us and we have had it in the Great Lakes a bunch and never an issue, even with 8 on board. Tubing 8 miles in lake Michigan a couple of months ago on a day where the water was like glass was a good time for all of us in the boat. Never thought I would of been doing that.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
The 210 becomes tight at 8 adults with everyone having their crap on board. 4 adults and 3 kids is nothing for the 210.