• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Golf Simulator

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks great.

Can you list exactly what you have here (and any alternative recommendations for those of us too lazy to do our own research)?
Skytrak launch monitor https://www.skytrakgolf.com/

Fiberbuilt hitting mat https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077JQF4HF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Golf impact screen (4:3 ratio 7.7' x 10') Golf Impact Screens

You can find kits here to build an enclosure: Carl's Place - Projector Screen Material, Kits & More! | Carl's Place I decided to save a lot and build from 3/4" emt and netting on tracks.

Side nets https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PLQ4GC9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Net tracks https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XDZSV26/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Projector https://www.amazon.com/Optoma-GT1080HDR-Projector-Refresh-Response/dp/B07W62S2SJ/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3VMR7ANB38TBM&dchild=1&keywords=optoma+gt1080hdr&qid=1612293114&sprefix=optoma,aps,185&sr=8-3

Grass in front of screen area https://www.lowes.com/pd/SYNLawn-7-5-ft-x-11-ft-Artificial-Grass/1000507519

Simulator gaming software The Golf Club 2019 (lifetime purchase) https://shop.skytrakgolf.com/c-14-the-golf-club.aspx

Gaming laptop https://www.bestbuy.com/site/msi-gf65-15-6-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i7-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-2060-512gbsolid-state-drive-black/6421620.p?skuId=6421620

Alternatives would be a premade enclosure which will come at a higher cost but every room calls for different products for looks and function. There are also a few different simulation game sofware packages but The Golf Club 2019 seems to have thousands of courses to play and remains the most popular amungst the online simulator forums.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
3/4” emt screen frame
D30E8D01-636C-43A4-A3B1-5FBAB3B7555E.jpeg

A9491DF4-D5A7-4FAF-8F2E-04F9F4656CF7.jpeg
FC839AC1-1F9F-49C7-8AEC-C7DBB916FC2E.jpeg8EFABDA5-C5E6-4D6F-9632-C0663DC021FB.jpegD30E8D01-636C-43A4-A3B1-5FBAB3B7555E.jpegA9491DF4-D5A7-4FAF-8F2E-04F9F4656CF7.jpegFC839AC1-1F9F-49C7-8AEC-C7DBB916FC2E.jpeg8EFABDA5-C5E6-4D6F-9632-C0663DC021FB.jpegD30E8D01-636C-43A4-A3B1-5FBAB3B7555E.jpegA9491DF4-D5A7-4FAF-8F2E-04F9F4656CF7.jpeg

Last edited:

thefortunes

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks.

Ironically, Carl's Place is about 15 miles from me (and where I got my 120" movie screen).

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Starting lessons this week with John locally. Welcome to John ES Cochrane Golf Schools Online —

Been thinking about taping a little laser to the end of the club to get this same effect. My goal has been to have the simulator at home so I can work on my swing between lessons whenever I want.
You had a hole in one on another thread recently didn’t you? Seems like you’ve got it figured out!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You had a hole in one on another thread recently didn’t you? Seems like you’ve got it figured out!
I did but that was 95% luck!

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just curious @Murf'n'surf , you still using this thing? You got that index down in the single digits yet?? I toy with the idea of putting one of these in the house sometimes.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just curious @Murf'n'surf , you still using this thing? You got that index down in the single digits yet?? I toy with the idea of putting one of these in the house sometimes.
I'm in the garage pounding balls every other weekend (when I cant get out to play). The best part about having it, is the ability to walk out and start swinging when I want...when I am motivated. There is no logistical problems of getting to the range and I can use all kinds of training aids and not feel like a clown if front of 30 others. Still working out my driver slice that seems to surface all too often.

Handicap is down to 14 after 1.5 years of playing every other weekend and I hope to see single digits by winter of 2022.

There is a somewhat high buy in cost but well worth it if golf is a passion.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Hey @Murf'n'surf ypu still using TGC or have you switched over to GSPro yet? If your on pro we should get an online game going this winter.

I upgraded to a GC3 from the sky track and finally finished up the garage bar/sim. Been playing a lot now! Added an OBS overlay to one of the tvs so we can see easily who’s up next and other club/ball info.
Check it out. IMG_0525.jpegIMG_0529.jpeg

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very nice set up! I am still on TGC mainly because I am not using it much due to too many no-reads. I need to test out some things to see if that improves.

I have not looked into the GSPro but a lot of guys have it now. What is the benefit? Same course list I assume.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Very nice set up! I am still on TGC mainly because I am not using it much due to too many no-reads. I need to test out some things to see if that improves.

I have not looked into the GSPro but a lot of guys have it now. What is the benefit? Same course list I assume.
So I switched from the track to the Bushnell Launch Pro/GC3 for that exact reason. Couldn’t take the misreads any more and wanted club data.
As for GSPro… I purchased TGC and once I got GSPro, I have legit never opened TGC again. The user options are so much better, can play all sorts of games, operation 36, and the course designers/courses are just amazing. Mostly just little things that you scratch your head on by not being able to do in THC. It’s not clunky at all and easy to navigate.
I play almost everyday and run a league so most of that is important to me but may not be a big deal for you.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just to clarify, my no reads are only on TGC. The SkyTrak app works flawlessly. After a lot of back and forth with TGC knowledgeable people, the issue is TGC software. It’s a damn shame because I purchased the lifetime subscription before I ran into these issues. I’m going to check and see if I can trial the GSPro to see if it’s functional with my setup.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Just to clarify, my no reads are only on TGC. The SkyTrak app works flawlessly. After a lot of back and forth with TGC knowledgeable people, the issue is TGC software. It’s a damn shame because I purchased the lifetime subscription before I ran into these issues. I’m going to check and see if I can trial the GSPro to see if it’s functional with my setup.
Ah… got ya. I never had that issue with TGC. But plenty with the sky track itself. Weird. GS will give you your money back within 7 days if you don’t like it. Let me k ow if ya need any help with any of it or course suggestions.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ah… got ya. I never had that issue with TGC. But plenty with the sky track itself. Weird. GS will give you your money back within 7 days if you don’t like it. Let me k ow if ya need any help with any of it or course suggestions.
Most no read issues are from people using the usb link to the computer. Static charge build up affected the ST.