• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Good navigation unit reccomendation

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I seem to fail out figuring what I need here. I am looking for something that I can do navigation with. A depth finder would be nice too because the OEM one is garbage. Prob 5-7" screen. Could care less about fish. Any recommendations?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You can purchase it with different maps preloaded. I have the U.S. major rivers and lakes and I believe intercoastal on mine. Shows navigation markers, depths, bridges, major power lines and other hazards. There are quite a few screens to choose from and this unit does way more than I'll ever need. You could always call Garmin and talk to them to make sure that you get the right mapping for your application.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a Garmin Echomap 63cv and I like it a lot - same family as the one Babin Farms has but a bit smaller. Has Navionics maps preloaded and depth range shading (green/orange/red) so you can tell if you're getting into shallow water at a glance.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Anyone know if any of these units can do accessories control? Like bilge, navigation lights, etc?

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Anyone know if any of these units can do accessories control? Like bilge, navigation lights, etc?
Yamaha boats use a proprietary protocol for communication. It's unlikely any of the MFD units will communicate with the electronics to control anything. I would focus on charting and depth/fish finding only unless you intend to add accessories that are compatible with the MFD.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Yamaha boats use a proprietary protocol for communication. It's unlikely any of the MFD units will communicate with the electronics to control anything. I would focus on charting and depth/fish finding only unless you intend to add accessories that are compatible with the MFD.
not really a big deal but though it would be nice. All my controls are regular switches so just need something that can put out a 12v trigger for it work.