• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Installed the Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV using a suction cup Ram Mount. Seeing the factory depth finder didn’t work but had power, I used those wires to power the unit. I’ll have to install the transducer another day since we’re going to the river later in the day.3142AEF3-CA70-4F5F-BB0D-CA269F206F31.jpegCD6030B3-84D2-4070-ABE3-9E98389A5219.jpeg

Last edited:

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Installed the Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV using a suction cup Ram Mount. Seeing the factory depth finder didn’t work but had power, I used those wires to power the unit. I’ll have to install the transducer another day since we’re going to the river later in the day.
looks good but your OEM compass now is rendered useless, can’t see it behind the big screen? Oh well, I’m sure Garmin has its own compass. Congrats, nice addition!

Last edited:

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I sure noticed a big difference. Although, I have a couple other factors at play, such as having had them pitched for elevation and elevation itself. I'm interested to hear your review.
Well they definitely sound different than the stock impellers. Hole shot is also definitely improved. Biggest difference is midrange. Going from cruising to WOT is a huge improvement.

Definitely worth the upgrade, especially if you have the L13 cones.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks @JetBoatPilot , this will tie me over until the full sea deck swap in a couple years. ps..it’s not stained it’s drying, gave the upper a good clean and it got the lower wet... o_O
80D816F0-9883-42B3-AC9E-8B858CF9F125.jpeg

Last edited:

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
looks good but your OEM compass now is rendered useless, can’t see it behind the big screen? Of well, I’m sure Garmin has its own compass. Congrats, nice addition!
Who needs a compass??? I’ve got a wife for giving directions😉

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Nope just tinted it.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I had small defect or what Yamaha said was a “blemish on the eyebrow/ dash area. Ultimately, it was replaced under warranty but unfortunately took some arguing to get it done. I have always placed a shirt or towel on dash when anchored since then but I see how that might protect dash and look sharp. On my wife’s car, i have a clear tint, ceramic, that protects dash.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well they definitely sound different than the stock impellers. Hole shot is also definitely improved. Biggest difference is midrange. Going from cruising to WOT is a huge improvement.

Definitely worth the upgrade, especially if you have the L13 cones.
My experience was similar. I think my top speed gains were a symptom of also having them pitched for my 4,500' elevation. Definitely my top performance mod. 👍

Home shot, mid range, better ballasted performance, and more power due to less cavitation improved my cornering quite a bit. I'm very happy as well. No L13 Cones... I haven't jumped that hurdle yet.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
My experience was similar. I think my top speed gains were a symptom of also having them pitched for my 4,500' elevation. Definitely my top performance mod. 👍
I don't think it was just the impellers, but I did hit 48.7 mph today (confirmed on 2 gps apps, connext displayed 48). 46 was the previous fastest I've hit this season. I was headed down river, with a tailwind, 3 passengers, 3/4 tank of fuel, bimini fabric on.

sjsandman01

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Nothing big but changed oil and spark plugs then went out ran 46,7 miles and hour with 3 adults and 3 kids. I would say that's not bad.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Changed a tire. This is season 4 on these. Inside looked worse than this.

Time to buy radials.

IMG_20200613_185329.jpg

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Spent the Sunday evening installing two wakeboard racks on the boat with some help from the lady friend. UNTIL TWO SCREWS BROKE CLEAN OFF! Sure glad they broke during install and not underway while holding my board! Amazon already refunded me... very quick action despite the times.. 88F4D1E6-6FC9-40DA-8F7F-B0A9FA74CAF9.jpeg694962F0-7EF3-4B00-AC54-9FD615089699.jpegFB42576F-AF75-42E0-BFDF-34A05FCCA355.jpeg9035EEA7-5C22-4A57-B793-F354E60918B2.jpeg

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Added stickers to cooler. wanting to place cooler on The center of stern when underway. Anyone done anything Similar? Too large for interior area, especially when I have beyond 3+ passengers. I have done some research but would like advice before drilling on boat for fittings that may not work. Thanks in advance
p.s. Will be ordering jetboaters.net sticker too!

Attachments

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Added stickers to cooler. wanting to place cooler on The center of stern when underway. Anyone done anything Similar? Too large for interior area, especially when I have beyond 3+ passengers. I have done some research but would like advice before drilling on boat f
Spent the Sunday evening installing two wakeboard racks on the boat with some help from the lady friend. UNTIL TWO SCREWS BROKE CLEAN OFF! Sure glad they broke during install and not underway while holding my board! Amazon already refunded me... very quick action despite the times.. View attachment 122696View attachment 122697View attachment 122698View attachment 122699
yes that could have been much worse. one of my telescopic post for the Bimini top came undone and fell into water when I was underway in heavy chop. i had put it up in a haste due to high winds. Boat was less than a year old could not find after market. $165 what I had to pay. last time it was a nut from an umbrella clamp. It went ”ting ting ting KERR PLUNK.” right off the boat. At least that time it was 10 cents at the hardware store.

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Added stickers to cooler. wanting to place cooler on The center of stern when underway. Anyone done anything Similar? Too large for interior area, especially when I have beyond 3+ passengers. I have done some research but would like advice before drilling on boat f

yes that could have been much worse. one of my telescopic post for the Bimini top came undone and fell into water when I was underway in heavy chop. i had put it up in a haste due to high winds. Boat was less than a year old could not find after market. $165 what I had to pay. last time it was a nut from an umbrella clamp. It went ”ting ting ting KERR PLUNK.” right off the boat. At least that time it was 10 cents at the hardware store.
A year old?! I'd have been pissed!... Nothing makes the heart drop more than the KERPLUNK sound... always something irreversible...