• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
With the high winds I did not hear it fall off boat. Noticed it as I set Bimini top when I was done that day. Ironically I think I was more upset with the 10 cent nut falling into water. it Was hot That day too!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Installed the Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV using a suction cup Ram Mount. Seeing the factory depth finder didn’t work but had power, I used those wires to power the unit. I’ll have to install the transducer another day since we’re going to the river later in the day.View attachment 122468View attachment 122470
Do you have the link for the ram mount and the mount for the Garmin that you used? Also to the support post how you accomplished that? I really like your setup and was contemplating something similiar for my boat. I really don't have room for anything else anywhere with something that size. I really like what you did there.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I stood out in the driveway, hugged my boat. Then got in the SUV and went to the office for the first time in just under 3 months.... A bit sad. I haven't been away from her this long yet!

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you have the link for the ram mount and the mount for the Garmin that you used? Also to the support post how you accomplished that? I really like your setup and was contemplating something similiar for my boat. I really don't have room for anything else anywhere with something that size. I really like what you did there.
I used a hole saw with some aluminum sign plate to get things to mate and worked well. To get extra support I used a U-bolt thru the Garmin bracket to fasten to the windshield support and it takes out all of the vibration.7D275205-D62D-48DB-A97B-1668ABE10283.jpeg0D866A50-2D9E-41F4-BA05-E6E53BBE753A.jpeg

Last edited:

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Reinstalled pump with mew bearings
Clhanged EM gaskets.

Hoping 2nd outing goes with out hitch. Came back from first outing with milky oil.

Attachments

JoMue81

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
In the past 3 weeks we have done the following:

Replaced depth finder (old one no longer worked)
Gasket around fuel hatch replaced (had to get to the wires for the depth finder)
Replaced bolts for fuel hatch (old ones were horrible to get out)
Gasket around hatch on swim deck replaced
Rebuilt Cleanout plugs
Outside of boat cleaned and waxed
Inside of boat cleaned
Old swim deck mat removed
All stickers on inside and outside of boat removed
Seadek install started but not finished yet
Custom Bimini top currently being made by local upholstery shop (hope to have it back by tomorrow)

Hope to take it out for the first time this weekend! Can't wait:)

Theryan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In the last week, I installed lateral thrusters from JBP, a secondary fuse box, a new dual USB port, a 12V and dual USB panel with power switch, depth sounder and a switch for it...and soon to be a new effing impeller because I sucked a rock up and jacked mine up.

One of these is definitely not like the others.

Maybe in the future for a fun project: getting Gatorstep. But, we'll see. That's a big pill to swallow.

Last edited:

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Installed a chrome fuel filler cap to replace the factory white plastic one on my AR240. Found an Attwood part for $30 on eBay instead of paying $90+ from Yamaha the same thing. The filler neck is straight instead of angled like the factory part, but I didn't plan on using the neck anyway, just the cap, which is the same. Swapped out the caps instead of the whole filler neck by knocking out the roll pin. Took 5 minutes and makes a big difference in looks.

20200618_213522.jpg20200618_220757.jpg

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Installed a chrome fuel filler cap to replace the factory white plastic one on my AR240. Found an Attwood part for $30 on eBay instead of paying $90+ from Yamaha the same thing. The filler neck is straight instead of angled like the factory part, but I didn't plan on using the neck anyway, just the cap, which is the same. Swapped out the caps instead of the whole filler neck by knocking out the roll pin. Took 5 minutes and makes a big difference in looks.

View attachment 123176View attachment 123177
Nice! Link to the product?

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice! Link to the product?
Here's the part I ordered on eBay, Attwood 99DFCCSZ1. Was the cheapest I could find it. As noted above the filler neck itself is straight instead of angle like the factory part, but the caps are identical and all you have to do is pop the roll pin out, make sure the spring is aligned, and put the roll pin back in with the new cap.

The Attwood part number for the angled neck with the chrome cap is 99DFCCAZ1. I believe this is the exact same part as on the 242 boats. There's also a stainless option but it was around $100 best I could find and I wasn't sure if the cap/neck were all the same.

Snap61.jpg

nesnah2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have done a few small things to the boat the last few weeks. Got it detailed, had radial tires installed on the trailer, cleaned up the steel rims (contemplating painting them...), added JBP ThrottleSync, CE Smith 60" trailer guide post covers and bought some flags (US flag, US Navy flag and Cubs flag) to fly off the bimini. Most importantly I finally got around to getting the name printed for the boat. Install and pics after I wake up some time today. Nightshifts blow!

Last edited:

Merlion

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Finally got around to the ribbon delete and power filter install. Took 6 hours (!) -- 3 of which was trying to track down a thin walled socket for 2 nuts on the throttle housing (erg). But all in all not bad for a dude who hasn't so much as done an oil change since the early 90's.

Fired 'em up and all seems good. Can't wait to get on the water. Projects for the next 3 weeks: install Thrust Vector Wakes, altitude pitched impellers, new aluminum pissers, a keel guard, and some compound and wax before putting in the water memorial day (if the ramps are open with COVID).

Pics: before - during - one done - two done!

View attachment 116337

View attachment 116339

View attachment 116340

View attachment 116341
What type of boat is this, and can you please post the filter kit link? Tks

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Replaced the trailer lights with LEDS; I like the way they look.

And we got out on the You Got This 2.0 ZUP board, we all loved it.
Yes, yes, all good stuff... but inquiring minds (me) want to know what your boys think of the Butter Bar? Any luck getting them going on it?