• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Goodbye AR240 Hello Monterey 255 SS

Stevepro172

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well we put a deposit down on a build to order Monterey 255 SS at the local boat show. Looks like a very nice boat and the wife really likes it. So we will see when it actually comes in. Now I have to figure out when to sell my 2018 AR240. We just closed on a bay house and for the first time ever will have easy access to the boat and I'm not selling it until I take delivery of the new one. The crazy thing is we have no complaints with the AR except for it is quite loud which doesn't fly with the wife. The outboard is much quieter. So someone is going to get a nice AR with around 100 hours on it. At least I will still have my Yamaha Waverunner!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice boat. I have seen a lot of Monterey's at the Marina's around here.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice boat, congrats. Been eyeballing the 305SS.

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Very nice! I was checking out the same boat on their website the other day. We would definitely consider an outboard. We love our Moomba, but realize we do more boating and lounging, than water sports and the outboard might be better for us.

Andy NJ

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice upgrade. Thinking the same route.

Stevepro172

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just an update. Took delivery of the Monterey July 3rd. Sold the AR. I miss it. What I don't miss is the noise it made. The Merc 300 on the MIMG_1810.JPGIMG_1898.JPGonterey is sooooo quiet I need to look at the gauges to see if it is running! Also rides nicer in the bay and ocean. One thing I need to learn and this will make some people laugh is how to turn around in tight spaces! In the AR I could spin it basically in a circle with one engine forward and the other in reverse. Not so much with 1 big engine hanging out the back.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow look at the boat on that engine :)

MrWizard

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess you could say that I'm absolutely thrilled that you decided to go this route and sell your AR240 😁😁

Good luck with your new vessel, I'm sure you'll figure out her turning points in no time! She's a beautiful boat!

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Gorgeous!
Happy Boating!

Stevepro172

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wish Monterey had a forum like this. There was no issue I couldn't solve just searching this website in 5 minutes. Well maybe I will start......Never mind, never going to happen

MrWizard

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wish Monterey had a forum like this. There was no issue I couldn't solve just searching this website in 5 minutes. Well maybe I will start......Never mind, never going to happen
Never say never, though I believe you did mention about free time being in short supply...