• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Got a new radio!

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow good deal!!! You dont need a harness, just use the stock one. I dont have sat on my radio, but my MP3s show your choice of Title/folder/artist. But you only get one.

**edit** Just saw you owned a Yamaha. If you have a Sony stock, then youll be fine. But If you dont, you need to find a harness.

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just put a Sony Radio in, so I dont need the harness. Unfortunately the radio I purchased isnt compatible with the Remote Commander, so now I am looking to buy a Stereo that is....

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@ScarabMike Is that really all I need for the Sirius? What I found online looks to be about $500 in parts just to get the Sirius

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@DJMattyT That is the standard satellite adapter that needs a cartridge for a radio esn. The SONY kit I posted has the esn built in.

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
And the one you posted is for the stock Scarab stereo right? @ScarabMike

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@ScarabMike ok great! thank you for your help. I will buy the one u posted

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Im taking delivery of my boat today. They mentioned thatthe speakers pop when you turn the boat on? They said they thought it was a ground problem but confirmed that it wasnt? And that its just the way the amps are wired? Does this make any sense??

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@DJMattyT Dont take delivery until they fix it. If you didnt get the premium sound, there is no amp. Mine has them, and I have never heard a pop.

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have the premium sound system, they had a guy come to fix "the problem" but said that there was actually no problem and its common to hear a pop when you turn the boat on when there are amps...Idk if I believe that

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok then if you have the Kicker system that means the amp's power isnt on correctly. They may have one of the amps wired to be constantly on. That will cause a "pop" because of the DC voltage fluctuating when the starter cycles. Tell them to make sure the amp's relay isnt tied to the constant power lead.

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
How would I know if its wired like that? Or can I fix that myself do you know?

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
To look at it, you have to take the wiring apart, and see how they spliced the amps from the factory. Not going to be easy due to the fact you have to get inside the cubby to do it. You should have a remote wire from the head (should be blue and thin) unit doing to the remote on all the amps, and a constant wire coming from the battery (should be red or yellow and thick).

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hey @ScarabMike You briefly mentioned bluetooth in one of your descriptions, but didn't mention exactly how that works with new stereo. I want your radio with bluetooth for my X. Do you know if there's another version with BT, or an adaptor that's available?

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I took ot to my local stereo guy (does awesome boat installs) my installation from Scarab was so bad I wasnt even going to touch it. On top of that, the radio is giving me trouble too. I have 1 hour on the boat, not happy. I hope my dealership who sold me the boat understands its unacceptable to deliver a boat with problems like this. Whole stereo system is being redone as we speak. Smh