• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Got this in the mail today.

Congrats on that. Now we need to get your name on the title of one of these fine boats too!!! ;)

How many other states require it? Alabama does. I personally didn't get much from it. I learn through doing. But I do believe if people can learn by the book than they should definitely consider it.

I didn't know states actually required it unless you were a young'en, they really endorse your drivers license?

http://dps.alabama.gov/Home/wfContent.aspx?ID=30&PLH1=plhDriverLicense-BoatLicense

Statewide licensing of boat operators began in all Alabama counties July 17, 1997 under the Boating Safety Reform Act. You must be at least 12 years of age to operate a motorized vessel on Alabama's waterways. You also must be licensed. A written examination is required for applicants, except those who were 40 or older on April 28, 1994, or those who have successfully completed boating courses given by the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary, the U.S. Power Squadron or the Alabama Marine Police "Boating Basics" course. The vessel class "V" must be added to your license if you intend to operate a motorized vessel. This legislation, which also provides sanctions for drunken driving and other offenses, has been hailed as the toughest boating safety act in the country.

I didn't know that about other states having to obtain a V endorsement. We here in CA have a tough enough time getting everybody to obtain a drivers license. I couldn't imagine what a boating license requirement would do. Half the population wouldn't have a license to put the "V" on anyway ;)

I just wish they would require people who rent boats here to have a brain....especially pontoon boats.

I'm not generally for government intervention but I do believe people should be required to get some sort of basic education with regard to operating a boat. It's not required in Mass. but I should be. We have some of the craziest drivers on the road and some of them own boats.

Back