• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

GPS Installation Tips for a 2014 242 Limited S

I ran a pos/neg wire from the battery up to the helm for the connection. I placed an in-line fuse between the battery and the Lowrance.

@B_Mutter - How did the install go to wire up the GPS and radar dome? I plan on doing a very similar install except with Raymarine gear.

@prorider17 I answered your pm with more details but for those wondering also here on the thread it was not the easiest task. The Garmin HD dome needs a power and network cable. Trying to get those two cables through the lower bend is the hardest part. The Raymarine HD domes do it all in one cable so that should help you out. Also the AR tower has a much straighter run and should be a breeze.

Here is where I mounted my 7" Lowrance GPS. I have a lot of mounting pics if you want to see them let me know. I like it in this position. Does not block my view, I have access to all controls and it's easy to see and navigate channels on the river.

Lowrance1.jpg

Lowrance4.jpg
@TechRider - I just ordered the Lowrance Elite 5 and am thinking about the same spot for my mount. Could you tell me what RAM Mount you used? Thanks!

Back