• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

GPS Locator / Tracker /Anti theft device

For me, living in DFW cell towers are everywhere. My main purpose is for tracking where the boat goes while rented out, which I plan to only do on Lewisville lake and I will launch and retrieve the boat myself.

If I am reading correctly the spot is $99 for the device and then $149 for the year of service.

That will be $250 for year 1 and then $400 for two years.

The trackimo is $239 for the device and 1st year of service is included. The second year would add $60 so two years would be $300.

That’s a $100 difference after 2 years and will only grow over time.

With my plan for the boat, I don’t think I really have a need for world tracking. Just want to track the boat while it’s on the local lake.

Worldwide tracking was not high on my list of needs - if the boat floats off beyond 3G service, I'm having bigger problems.

I looked at the Spot, and although the initial purchase price is appealing, the $149 annual fee was not. First year for Spot costs $249, then $149 a year thereafter. First year for Trackimo is $239 at retail pricing (It can be found for less), and then $60/year after.

There are large areas of lakes that do not have mobile phone service. This becomes especially true if the device is limited to certain providers. A 3G tracking device would not be much use where I live.

There are large areas of lakes that do not have mobile phone service. This becomes especially true if the device is limited to certain providers. A 3G tracking device would not be much use where I live.
Makes sense. Living in the overpopulated hell that I do, not much of a problem :)

Back