• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Greasing impeller bearing.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are yall filling the cone with grease when greasing the bearing? I just greased boat and jet ski and neither had grease in the cone.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I figured people are putting grease fittings on the cone. So what's the difference?

GNX231

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I think a grease fitting in the cone is a great idea. i redid thhe pump on my seadoo a few years back and i filled the entire pump with grease and then the con as well until it looked like an ice cream cone so the bearings are always in grease. no problems since.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Are yall filling the cone with grease when greasing the bearing? I just greased boat and jet ski and neither had grease in the cone.
What jetski? I was greasing recently And I couldnt find a fitting in my 110hp waverunner.

Dare i ask?.....cone?

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes I think they all have a cone on the end of your prop that you unscrew and grease the bearing. I know on my ultra250x people talk about the bearing going bad and when it does it breaks the crank on the motor Too

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I modified mine with a drain plug and use gear oil. It is known mod in the PWC world. The grease needs to be API#0 which is quite thin grease that flows. Some use a mix of amsoil grease and amsoil gear oil to make a slurry to replace the API#0 grease. You can tell I researched it to death before I did the oil mod. Not sure that you can put a grease nipple on since the trapped air would get forced out the seals. cam.

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My past Seadoo I had to grease the cone when I installed new wear ring , do yamaha use the same set up ?

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just used reg marine grease. I thought about the oil mod but I like to take it apart and visually see that the bearing looks ok

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA