• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Greetings ar230 yamaha. Rob the newbie

robeswc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello all,

I have a HO ar230 2008 comissioned in 2010.

I have water going into my engine bay the level hit the height of the oil filters. The water is coming out of the male end of the red hose. I do not know where it is to be connected. I greatly appreciate any help or sugguestions! Thanks for your time in reading this thread!

Rob

Attachments

• ar 230 3 engine .jpg
    ar 230 3 engine .jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 15
  • ar230 engine 1.jpg
    ar230 engine 1.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 14
  • ar230 engine 2 .jpg
    ar230 engine 2 .jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 15
  • ar230 yam bt.jpg c.jp c.jpg
    ar230 yam bt.jpg c.jp c.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 14
On my 210 FSH, the coolant hose is red like your picture.
Does the water come out when the engine is not running?
Does it stop when the engine is off?
Did you get an over temp alarm?
Looks like someone rigged an engine flush connection, but the female hose bib is missing.

The red hose connects to the flush port on one end and the “y” on the other end from the water intake screen. There is a check valve that leaks and I had to replace the whole red hose assembly a while back.

Looks like someone rigged an engine flush connection, but the female hose bib is missing.
Thanks very much, TeenGee, had a baby panic attack your response is greatly appreciated!
Rob

The red hose connects to the flush port on one end and the “y” on the other end from the water intake screen. There is a check valve that leaks and I had to replace the whole red hose assembly a while back.
Zipper thank you, my son winterized the boat, hence the problems.. A for effort F for plan. lol

Hi, the water runs only when the port engine is running, stops when shut down, engine did not come on. Maybe because it has a nice cool bath. I had a hell of a wake when heading back to port.
Thanks again!

Back