• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Grill Shopping......decisions decisions

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My grill is shot and I am currently researching them. I have looked at everything from the big green egg to the infrared grills. What do you use?

I think I am liking the charcoal / gas grill combo but there are too many choices.

BAC.94

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Jerry,

Check out the gas/ charcoal/ smoker combo grills from Smoke Hollow. I got one several years ago at Gander Mountain for ~$350 and it is awesome! Best grill I've ever owned.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have an egg and it's terrific, but a weber smokey pretty much will cover your needs completely.

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I have the char-griller duo-fuel with the smoker box. Love it. Lowes will put it on sale for memorial day. Have used it every week at least for four years and everything still works, due for a paint job tho.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Dough I was actually looking at this one as well. That eases my mind a bit.

BAC.94

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

BAC.94

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So the grill I just posted a link for is $599 at Home Depot and $449 at Gander Mountain. I bought mine a few years ago, Gander Mountain regular price was $399 and it was on sale for $349.

soggyshoes

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Classic Weber guy my self. I like the Weber Performer. It has a propane tank and sparker to light he coals. I also was raised by my grandfather and dad to only use real wood and not briquetts.
I have installed quite a few gas grills that are hooked up the the house natural gas line. The convenience as well as being healthier for you would be nice. I would like to add one to my place some day but will have to deal with the family disowning me.
I have some friends that have that Egg and it seems like a nice unit and better that the Weber in some ways.

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I would make the investment for a ceramic grill. I just made the switch from gas to a Kamado Joe. My wife makes the comment every time how much the food taste better. Plus the major ceramic grill makers (BGE and Kamado Joe) warranty certain parts for life. You won't be disappointed with a ceramic grill decision.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I got tired of cheap grills that rust out in a few years. I bought this bad boy about 5 years ago. Been flawless. Even all the ignitors still work. It's plumbed into my house NG, never run out of fuel. Weber Summit S-670

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Weber Genesis, Gas Line to the house. Love it. It still looks and runs perfectly after five years. I am now a Weber believer! Well worth the money spent compared to rebuying every couple years...

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a Weber Summit as well. It comes with a 20 year warranty. I have run four tanks of propane through it over the last two years and everything works perfectly. We frequently use the rotisserie.

image.jpg image.jpg

utahrd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anything Weber makes. I have 3 weber grills, 2 home units and a weber q. my 20 year old genesis silver B works as well as the day I got it. It has seen 9 new england winters and 11 utah winters. parts available everywhere, although the only thing I ever changed was the igniter for 10 bucks.

Seriously, Weber is the Yamaha of Grills. Reliable, parts available everywhere

JJ-B-Boatin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Weber gas grill for me as well. It is going on 13 years and looks like new. Only thing I have had to replace is the flavor bars. Highly recommend weber!

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
After some amazing customer service, Weber has my business for the foreseeable future as well. Great quality grills and they back them up too. I run NG to mine (Genesis) and probably will never go back to propane now (except for the camp grill), it's so awesome not having to deal with the tanks and running out.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Damn....looks like Weber might be the way to go. I was just going to go buy another "good for 3 seasons" grill from Lowe's. Now I think I will start looking into the Weber Grills.:winkingthumbsup"

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Weber makes a fine product, I personally cannot "taste" a difference, but at $2,500 you can buy a whole lot of those $400/4 season grills. I've owned 1 Weber and it made it a whopping 5 years before it started to fall apart. Just don't see the value.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My first Webber was a, made in China, Spirit Series. It still works fine but I replaced the flavor bars after 5 years. The floorpan rusted through after 7.

It lived outside its whole life and was used several times per week.

Replacing the floor pan and delivering it to my Mom is on my todo list.