• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Grill Shopping......decisions decisions

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My vote for Weber. Last year I replaced my previous Weber only to get a larger cooking area and 4 burners. I have found that if something needed to be replaced on the weber, they always sent me a new part under warranty. You get what you pay for here. $1K will get you a really nice, stainless grill. My Weber Kettle (charcoal) has been going since 7 AM this morning with tonight's St. Patricks day, smoked brisket.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a Weber that looks a lot like the Summit series posted by previous posters minus the rotisserie and with the primary burners running side-side instead of front to back as shown. I am guessing mine is about 7 or 8 years old.
Performance has been top notch. Looks great. Minimal maintenance (half-ass clean it in the fall before putting it away).

Webers are pricey, but they sell them at those prices for a reason.

One of my favorite Weber features is the various Weber cookbooks with great recipes that work perfectly every time.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I had the Char Broil for a couple of years, it was pretty good grill. The grates only lasted 2 years but I replaced them with a heavy duty teflon set that out lasted the grill.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought a weber genesis silver b about a dozen years ago (maybe more) from Amazon and it's still going strong. I did replace the cast iron grates with stainless steel and flavor bar things and did a new piezo starter. All in all I have been quite happy with it. It still grills evenly with no real bad hotspots.

I do keep her covered with the heavier weber cover all the time. If you protect your grill and keep it clean a weber will last. At least it has for me.

My parents have the same grill but without the side burner. I used to pick on dad and tell him I had the nicer grill but he has gotten the last laugh... I never use the side burner, in fact it has been inadvertently left on (non lit) and wasted LP when we didn't realize the control had been turned by accident and I didn't notice until cleaning up and recovering more than once.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A cheap imitation from Sears, Home Depot, or Loews will be replaced in three years max. You can't go wrong with the best. Weber. Hands down. Move my 20 year old one to my beach house when I got a larger one for my home. Might have to replace the flavorizer bars every 8 years or so but they keep on ticking. You get what you pay for.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Probably going to go with a weber but boat mods are in the way right now so I will probably be picking one up next weekend.

I did go look at the charcoal/gas combo units and I think I am just going to stick with straight gas.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Bought a Stainless Weber Natural Gas Genesis model last year. Love not having to deal with propane, and love how evenly it cooks. My last Charbroil had horrible hot spots...but I'm sure they've gotten better. Consumer reports probably does a good job showing which have even heat.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I have a weber gaser 17 year old genisis 3 burner. If you keep Em covered and change a burner every 7 or 8 years and grates maybe every 10, it is a lifetime product. Mine is in perfect condition. But I use te egg 95% of the time now. Ceramic for anything smoked. Even steaks, chicken breasts, fish, stews, chili, pizza, burgers...all have more moisture and taste better cooked on real hardwood lump charcoal. I use the gasser only to cook brats or something quick now.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Weber Genesis, Gas Line to the house. Love it. It still looks and runs perfectly after five years. I am now a Weber believer! Well worth the money spent compared to rebuying every couple years...
Have Weber Genesis hook to gas at house too, best money spent.

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Okay guys I went behind @jcyamaharider's back and ordered the grill today :eek: Good thing I can do no wrong :kiss:

I went with the Char Broil brand at Lowes the sale eneded today and I found a secret $50 off code if you spend 250 deal on the internet ! I wanted to go the cheaper route since the kiddos decided they wanted him to build them a swing set ! So sorry Jerry the kids pulled rank on this one maybe next time !

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Guess I will buy a weber after this one goes out.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If anyone goes to buy a grill at Lowes. Look on Ebay for a 10% off coupon, usually can buy coupon for $2-$10. Also they 10% coupons often work at Menard's and Home Depot, because they accept competitors coupons.

Also about 8 years ago I used a 20% off Bed Bath and Beyond coupon to buy a grill at Lowe's. Bed bath and beyond had a picture of a grill on their flyer and was able to use it as a competitor. Bought the Lowes grill after I returned a 6 year old stainless grill to Costco.

The Grill I bought is no longer available and I need to replace it soon, so I do not recommend it. Planning on a Weber when needed.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The Lowes 10% off coupons are given out in the "moving packs" at your post office. You also can register for them online if you tell Lowes that you are moving.

The people that sell them on Ebay just pick them up at the post office.

Lowes gives a 10% discount to Veterans every day.

Last edited: