• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Group buy in wake foil?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Update:
I've been waiting to update the status of things until I had become a little more confident in how things were coming together. Things have been going well enough and I'm confident enough that I'd like like to fill you all in and give you the brief back story.

Last season, in my quest to purchase and play on a foil I contacted a long time friend of mine Juli, owner of R7 watersports. I pitched the concept of running a group buy here to members in an effort to 1) help myself get a good deal on a expensive foil 2) help create a profitable situation for her and her business and 3) potentially build a little group interest in the emerging sport I was interested in. As you're most aware the group buy happened and was relatively successful. We didn't quite sell the 10 foils they had for a goal but the total sales of foils and accessories made up for it. I probably annoyed everyone as I tried to generate hype over it... lol! But we got a great deal. Admittedly, given R7's unfamiliarity with the forum I ended up more involved than I'd planned. Besides collecting the money I managing the majority of the process, which was kind of a thrill and a learning experience. In the end I need to thank them for humoring me and me scheme and all those who took part or showed interest.

To make a long story short. R7, as of December 2018, closed its doors to business. I don't know the details as to why, the news of their closing caught me off guard. I can't say enough good things about Juli and her husband and I hope they're on to bigger and better things.

Ever since the time of the group buy a year ago I've had this looming "what if" in the back of my mind... gradually that "what if" has evolved to a "why not". So, without telling my wife, I contacted Slingshot and pitched my business model. I told my wife the next day what I'd done... a few days later after some late night discussions she's now become my web developer and CFO :happy:. We already own a custom cabinet company together which she currently manages those same responsibilities. Slingshot has now enthusiastically agreed to grant us dealer status, we've filed the business with the state, website is near ready to launch, and I'm giddy with anticipation.

I'm waiting until we have everything ready to launch before announcing to the general forum, but I wanted give you all here a update and first glimpse at what is happening.

Transom Watersports "Life's better behind a boat"
View attachment 87395
Wow, fantastic. A Yamaha owner/water sport enthusiast testing and selling wake products!

Will you carry just the Slingshot brand?

I guess one big question (in this forum) would be if you would be able to carry the Yamaha branded Slingshots, and of course - maybe even the Yama Booster.

--

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow, fantastic. A Yamaha owner/water sport enthusiast testing and selling wake products!

Will you carry just the Slingshot brand?

I guess one big question (in this forum) would be if you would be able to carry the Yamaha branded Slingshots, and of course - maybe even the Yama Booster.

--
Step #1 for us was to align ourselves with a board company. In a way, seeing if Slingshot would grant us a dealership was the litmus test to see if the entire venture would be worthwhile. We feel extremely fortunate that we've got Slingshot on board. We'd like to add more product lines and brands to our inventory as we progress, I have a few ideas, but we're not sure which those will be at the moment.
I'm doubtful we'd be able to carry the Yamaha branded coaster or the Wake Booster just by our relationship with Slingshot. I think it would require an affiliation with Yamaha as a dealer as well. I'm not sure what all that might take. I'll sell the coaster of course, but I don't intend to market against Yamaha, because obviously that's a valuable relationship to Slingshot and I'd hate to jeopardize my dealings with Slingshot in that regard.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm bored and its snowing again...

Found a video of a kite foiler hitting a shark!
Glad I only have to worry about carp <*))><

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Its been a long couple of week waiting. Finally, we got a couple of steps closer today. Our business license became active today and we recieved the dealership info from Slingshot. We can finally make some progress on things.

Stay tuned!

Last edited:

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Seriously! Poor shark didn't know what hit it... somebody call PETA!
No kidding. Poor shark, and poor guy in the water with a pissed off shark. That didn't look like it tickled, either - LOL

NORCAL-GAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Any idea on timeframe realistically?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any idea on timeframe realistically?
I'm hoping we can be start this group buy in no more than two weeks and be shipping people's orders in April.

Last edited:

AJACHIM

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Id be interested as well. and @Nauti-Nurse says he may be interested as well once we get final figures.

Last edited:

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just got off the phone with the Slingshot regional rep and we have an approved sales strategy for a group purchase. We are in the process of hashing out the remaining details of the sale and will post details soon. Thanks for hanging in there!

AJACHIM

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
awesome! May have another interested buyer as well so count in for 3x at the moment.

Nauti-Nurse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just to clarify we are looking at the 2019 HOVER GLIDE FOIL WAKESURF PACKAGE with the black deck pad?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just to clarify we are looking at the 2019 HOVER GLIDE FOIL WAKESURF PACKAGE with the black deck pad?
We are considering both the 2019 Hover Glide Foil Wakesurf Package and the Hover Glide Foil Wake Package. Well let folks choose their preference.

Similarities:
  • The boards in the 2 packages are the same shape and construction (exception being the traction pad)
  • both can convert to wakesurf boards
  • both are compatible with accessory straps
  • Wings are interchangeable
The difference are:
  • The Wake package has a full soft top traction pad while the Surf is sectioned.
  • The Surf includes FCSII fins
  • Surf is equip with the Infinity 76CM wing
  • Wake is equip with the Gamma 68CM wing
I recommend people get the Surf package and add the Gamma wing to the deal. Then you'll be fully equip to do whatever you want (3 in one). Might as well while add some straps in too since you made it that far... lol!

NORCAL-GAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Drumroll for the group buy price..........
Interested for one.

NORCAL-GAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Drumroll for the group buy price..........
Interested for one.
I'm in deep working out the details. We're just trying to coordinate and estimate shipping. Slingshot facilitated flat rate drop shipping for R7 last year. I'm waiting to hear back from the rep on if they're able to do the same for us.

Besides that we're working on piecing together our first order of inventory... so what else do you want to buy...? Lol!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On the topic of pricing. Slingshot does not permit their dealers to advertise their products below what they call their MAP price. Additionally their foils are one of their items that never go on sale below MAP. BUT I can notify you all of a great deal on them at a non advertised price. The prices of the 2019 models have changed, but I think we will be able to match the percentage discount done on them last season. That's all the hint I can give for the moment.

I'll post an official group offer thread and notification when all is in order.