• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Growing old is Mandatory...

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Today I turn 36 years old. 35 didn't bother me at all, but 36 just seems old, I'm officially closer to 40 than I am to 30 :eek:. The good news is that I have been blessed beyond measure to have a wonderful family and a great group of friends to share all of the good times with. Life is getting better every day, and age is only a number!

Within the past 2 years I have gone skydiving, deep sea fishing, spent a week fishing in Ontario and caught the biggest Muskie and Smallmouth bass of my life, bought our Yamaha boat, learned to wakeboard, got a promotion at work, been elected to the local city council, bought our first minivan, and too many other fantastic things to mention. All while raising 3 beautiful and healthy kids with the love of my life.

This next year we are looking forward to joining some of you on the Bimini 2015 trip and celebrating our 10 yr wedding anniversary.

Thank you to each and every one of you who have helped make this website a fun retreat from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and accepted me in to your club. Here's to many more years of fun on this great board!

My wife made this and I love it;

Growing old is mandatory.jpg

Growing old, like you said is just a number. How you go about getting to that number is it's value. Enjoy life to the fullest and forget the numbers. Happy Birthday.

My grandpa was waterskiing well into his late 60s. Have fun out there

All good stuff.....except the Minivan. Happy birthday.

I have a year on you. Its not so bad getting old!

I turned 40 this year and now I don't have to worry about another big birthday for 10 years.

I'll be 40 in a month or so...I don't know what 40 is supposed to feel like, but I don't feel "old"

43 here with a 16 year old mind!!!!

38 here and I ride in the tube more often and faster then my two kids. Birthdays are only numbers. You're only as old as you feel.

52 and counting! My wife said I still haven't grown up. To be honest, how does a 52 year supposed to act...I don't know any other way but to have fun while I can!! Cheers!!!

Ah yer all young pups! 68 here and I don't feel much different than I did 40 years ago, just a little slower and less agile. It really is true age is just a number.
Bill

I always say I feel 23, the age I got married, and I'm happy to stay at that age until I look in the mirror and see my dad :(.

Congrats @Volffas , I'd take 36 again...lol. Enjoy these years, there's no getting them back. Hope you've had a great birthday ( to include a little time on the water!).

On a side note, did you go to Skydive Kentucky? In E-town?

Today I turn 36 years old. 35 didn't bother me at all, but 36 just seems old ...
My wife made this < photo> and I love it;

First of all .... HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!
However, .......... LOL ........... After 45 years of wonderful couplehood together with Sweet Barbie, the ONE thing I have learned is
you NEVER !!!!! . EVER !!!! ...... "brag" about bringing home a minivan ! ........... LOL !
I am still laughing !
Enjoy ! Mikey Lulejian - Livin' the Dream on Lake Oconee, GA

Great post and especially great that your wife made you that picture. I think 40 is the new 30 with all of the access and opportunity that we have to do great things. Keep doing the stuff that our parents/friends could never do at any age

Happy Birthday! Your not old my friend, just getting better with age. I turn 40 inOctober and I have done more new things this year than I have any year prior it seems... Just last weekend I learned to Wake Surf and am as geddy as a kid on Christmas morning waiting to go do it again. You are too old when you stop trying.image.jpg

Back