• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Re-naming an older Catamaran

This is a fun thread to read, and not to be a buzzkill...

Regarding, folks not understanding a Hawaiian name, perhaps a graphic along with the name would help? I named my last little sailboat Coqui, after the Puerto Rican frog, and my wife made a cutout of a frog to go with the vinyl lettering she made for the boat.

Jim

Yep, we did that and nobody got it. It is also this Hawaiian compass. Panana Hawai'i

20190505_144255.jpg
20190505_140654.jpg

The cats name will be forward on the hulls as well as on the stern of the bridgedeck with the hailing port.

Last edited:
Felix

Cat Man Dew

Wife filled out the USCG vessel transfer documentation over the holidays. We decided on 'FisherCat' for her new name. A better name than the current one, Grimalkin. Less fancy than the original, AllezCat, but hey, at 33 years old she is less fancy and more utilitarian and won't mind a little fish blood on her decks.

20240102_091433.jpg
Fisher, aka, Fisher Cat

Cool name. I never heard of Fishercats. Do you see any of them on the farm?

When I think of Fisher, I automatically think of the pilot house boats built by Fisher. Googling around this morning, I see they also built some cats - never knew this.

My new-to-me Precision 21 is currently named “Segelvergnugen”, with an umlaut over the “u”. I believe it translates to “have fun sailing”. Not sure what her new name will be, but she won’t leave my driveway with the current one!

Jim

It literally means "sail enjoyment" kinda like VW's "fahrvergnugen" drive enjoyment. I know of the boats/cats by Fisher, the cat Version was called Cat Fisher I believe.
Yes, there are Fishers in my sugarbush, mink and ermine also. I have seen their tracks in the snow. We also have Bobcats running around out there. I have seen them cross the driveway. We could of used BobCat but neither one of us is named Bob and we don't want to go out there and bob, sooo...Fisher it is.

Last edited:
Nice, there was a Dream Yacht charter Bali 4.2 and a Bareboat Lagoon 40 at our marina for a couple of years. Nice boats. The Bali was for sale. We will be taking their side tie slip out on the concrete breakwater dock.

1E11DFD5-6457-484B-9562-57BA038EC068.jpeg
Lagoon 40

The wife researched catamarans last Summer and called pretty much every marina on the Lake to see if they could haul the boat out for Winter. Travelift max. width. Safe Harbor Shelburne Shipyard was the only one that stated their width was 20' for the lift and the well. Our cat comes in at 18' 3" breadth. We are not the biggest or newest, but I can say she will look a lot different when we are done with FisherCat.

Screenshot_20230817-135749_Chrome.jpg

Currently, all larger catamarans go North to Canada to be hauled out or South to the Hudson.

Last edited:
Back