• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

GTS 207 New Owner

Chris112790

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I am new to the site and new to jet boats. I bought a 2016 GTS 207 a few weeks back with the 250 Rotax. I have about 6 hours on it so far and am exciting for the "built-in" break-in period to end.

I am wondering what the top end speed of the boat will be once the computer allows full power to the engine.

Also, does anyone have experience towing a wakeboarder with this boat? How does it do?

Thanks,
Chris

genwrx

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum! I have about six hours also, finally home to take it out for the weekend :) the full power can't come soon enough!

Chris112790

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Thanks! I feel your pain! I have been out of town the last 3 weekends and just waiting to really see what the boat can do.

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Thanks! I feel your pain! I have been out of town the last 3 weekends and just waiting to really see what the boat can do.
You should reach a top speed of around 43mph on a smooth lake. On a normal day 40mph.

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I also tow wakeboarders all the time with no problem at all. Plenty of power.

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I am new to the site and new to jet boats. I bought a 2016 GTS 207 a few weeks back with the 250 Rotax. I have about 6 hours on it so far and am exciting for the "built-in" break-in period to end.

I am wondering what the top end speed of the boat will be once the computer allows full power to the engine.

Also, does anyone have experience towing a wakeboarder with this boat? How does it do?

Thanks,
Chris
Out of curiosity Chris what dealer did you buy your boat from?

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Is it grey and yellow?

Chris112790

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Sure is. I will have to post pictures once I have the tower installed... it is still on back order :/

Last edited:

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Awesome. I bought my boat from Ravenna as well. Gary and Tamara are great people. They treat you like family.

Chris112790

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Awesome. I bought my boat from Ravenna as well. Gary and Tamara are great people. They treat you like family.
Man, that's quite a drive for you. They really are great and would highly recommend them to anyone. Not sure if you dealt with Paul at all, but he was extremely helpful to me and my fiance. Very low pressure sales and like you said they all make you feel at home

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I didn't deal with Paul just Gary. Its about 1:45 min drive for me. Gary put my tower on and Installed a custom stereo system in my boat over the winter. Around 7.5hrs you will start to hit your max 8000rpm range and then at 25hrs you will have a service light come on that will have to get reset by them. Where do you boat up there?

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Another thing recommend is adding thrust vectors to your boat. It helps tremendously with slow steering and docking of the boat. Once you get used to driving the jet you will love it. Will the owner of jet boat pilot can get you set up them.

Chris112790

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Closer than I thought. I have about the same drive to get up there. I live less than 10 minutes from Seneca Lake, so that is the only lake wee have taken the boat out on so far. Probably check out Salt Fork before the season is over. I should hit the 7.5 hour mark when I am out tomorrow, can't wait.

What kind of speaker set-up did you have Gary install? He is doing mine too.

And I have been reading about the thrust vector and the Cobra systems. Good to hear a review from an actual jet boat owner. This is actually my first boat, so luckily I don't have any habits to break while learning to drive the jet. I have a decent handle on the low speed maneuverability, but the reverse thing is till throwing for me a loop every time I launch.

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I had Gary install all kicker. 4 new speakers in the boat and 4 on the tower in white cans an a 10inch sub back under the motor lid in a custom kicker box. An there is a 5 channel amp under the passenger side console that runs everything. All the speakers light up with LEDs and I also have a bass knob and a knob to control the sound for the tower speakers. Also had a second battery an switch installed. In my opinion it sounds really good. Gary is really good with stereo stuff and gets it all dialed in perfect.

Chris112790

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Sound almost identical to the system he will be installing for me once the tower comes in. My boat came with the premium sound already installed, but I am still replacing the 4 in-boat speakers with Kicker and i am hoping Gary can find a way to use the 8" sub along with the 10".

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Oh I'm sure he will. The 10" sub actually hits harder then I thought it would. They flipped the box upside down so the sub is facing down. Supposed to hit harder that way. I'll take some pictures an show you. I can't seem to post videos on here for some reason. Give me your email and I'll send you a video of it.

Chris112790

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Another question... have you found any tricks to keep the white seats remotely clean? Seems like they just trap dirt.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @Chris112790 and congrats on your new boat. Make sure to post up pics of it when you get some.