• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Gutbusters Club

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You're on a roll, don't stop now! (just don't cheat this time) :p

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
You're on a roll, don't stop now! (just don't cheat this time) :p
Actually had a good month were I was wondering if I COULD gain weight. Thought maybe the stroke effected my thyroid or something.
Nope, I finally ate enough pizza to gain 3 pounds. All's good, time to watch what I eat again, lol

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pizza.......god I miss pizza!!! Lactose intolerant now ;(

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm all for doing this again. I would also like it if we had a "Out of the Money" group like we did the first time. I'm not necessarily interested in the money, just the motivation.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
fyi, the stroke doesn't make you lose weight, the horrid hospital food does! I ended up asking for fruit at every meal. I essentially ate the breads and the fruits for every meal and every thing else was... well, my wife visited once and we had to ask for the menu to see what they had sent me. It was that wierd.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'd be in. Probably getting started this week though.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Well, I am on the way home from an upper GI scope. I have been having swallowing issues, all caused by GURD and being overweight. I'm in but I need to get started on this again. I'm a weight watchers lifetime member having lost 67 pounds previously. I have regained almost all of that. So I'm in!

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I genuinely wish everyone success with their weight loss goals.

For sustainable results it needs to be a lifestyle change and not just another diet fad. One quick tip is to start by replacing breakfast with a protein shake and to remember calories ARE the biggest factor.

As for motivation think about living a long healthy life for you and your family. Your kids will take after your example. My father just got his medicare card in the mail after returning home from an unsupported two week backpacking trip in the grand canyon and last year he did 100 miles a day for 3 weeks in the french alps .... on a bicycle! My brothers and I are in great shape for any age and our kids are starting to put us to shame. Genes may be working against you but lifestyle can win out. I know it is much harded for some due to genetics (I watch my wife work her butt off for very little gain) but don’t let that be an excuse. Use it to motivate you to work harder than the next guy or gal and reap the rewards.

Turn A healthy diet and excercise into something you enjoy instead of something you loathe.

Good Luck!

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Great post @Mainah

The gym is the easy part. The eating and drinking is what’s tough. My wife and I working on the lifestyle change and it made a huge impact in a short amount of time. Portion control and what we eat let us have more energy and feel better. The first weeks were rough now it’s easier for us. Good luck to all. You got this.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Great post @Mainah

The gym is the easy part. The eating and drinking is what’s tough. My wife and I working on the lifestyle change and it made a huge impact in a short amount of time. Portion control and what we eat let us have more energy and feel better. The first weeks were rough now it’s easier for us. Good luck to all. You got this.
I find portion control is hard, so the WHAT is important to me. Honestly, the weight and also the CHOLESTEROL will improve drastically if you cut out BEEF. Chicken people, smoked pork, and lots of veggies. Try some fresh fish taco's. Actually try some sort of fish once a week! Typically fish dinners are much fresher and healthier. I wish I had more time to cook myself, because my wife makes the best tasting but most unhealthy things imaginable. I mean... Broccoli cheddar soup people!

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am the healthy cook in the relationship...my wife is from Texas; so if when a meal doesn't have gravy or some kind of BBQ she is not sure it is even a meal. I feed her things that were just swimming in the ocean earlier that day and green things like asparagus, brussel sprouts, and etc.
We got a handle on portion control actually using the 21 day fix from beach body, doing the workouts and container it was an eye opener. I really enjoyed it and saw a 20ish pound drop in the 21 days and kept going. I've put some back on but being in school now is demanding and I'm not as active from all the studying. We don't really use it anymore but it showed up some proper portion sizes, and we learned a lot nutritionally from that. Sometimes we still bust them out and check ourselves to ensure we are in the ballpark, but we eat healthier fresher foods now so that sometimes means more food.
I feel for my wife and other woman to for weight loss hurdles, she works her butt off and struggles to lose a few pounds. I can do the same stuff and diet and drop it fast so it discourages her some. I learned to not tell her my goals and just support her.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Definitely in. And I'd say definitely for the money (while keeping a section active for those who don't wanna do the money - that's been me the last 2 years). I need extra motivation this year. And I'd say after the holidays. That also gives us 5 weeks to recruit people to join and collect their monies. First weigh-in Jan 1 (it's a monday). Final weigh in March 26th (also a monday). 12 weeks total. $50/head. Say we get 10 people, first place takes 200, second takes 120, 3rd 60. That leaves a $10 weekly incentive award every week.

Just spitballin. What do y'all think?
Not alot of feedback here, seemingly enough interest? I can't speak spreadsheet to save my ass, so I'm not the best choice to take the reigns on this. I feel like a new "official" post should be up and running soon though if we're gonna get enough people.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@veedubtek your outline looks good to me. If nobody else wants to do the spreadsheet work, I can do that.

In the past, how much info gets shared with the public? Just the % change each week? Or full disclosure of lbs? Just want to make sure I know whether there are any expectations of privacy.

@Murf'n'surf how do we collect the funds? I’ll work up a new thread and a registration form in the next few days.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
In the past it has been full disclosure, but there is certainly nothing saying it has to continue that way. I don't much care either way, but it depends on the weekly reporting? In previous years, it was always a pic of your scale, but I reckon that could also be pm'd if someone would prefer a little privacy.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Years past we have used scale pics to verify weights.

I will provide a paypal address for all to send money to when the time comes. You can pm me for the PayPal address prior to the publishing of the rules that way it’s included in the competition guidelines.

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm in for a nonmoney class.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral