• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Gutbusters Club

mrlanemeyer

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Whoops. I should have signed up for this. I'm down 115 pounds since June. :)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I don't know how you guys are all doing with this but i know i bounced back into the 260s and am now back to 253. I got sick at the beginning of the year and lost 15 pounds and forgot what it felt like as far as just moving around and weight on my feet.
Going to take this to the next level and get back into the 240's before boating season!

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't know how you guys are all doing with this but i know i bounced back into the 260s and am now back to 253. I got sick at the beginning of the year and lost 15 pounds and forgot what it felt like as far as just moving around and weight on my feet.
Going to take this to the next level and get back into the 240's before boating season!
I'm right there with you. I've gained a lot more weight over the last several months than I would care to admit to. I've already started on the food part, now to get back to the gym. I want people to be surprised when they see me at Shelbyville. :)

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Stick with it guys. Dropping weight and being in shape has lots of benefits besides physical appearance. Forget all of the fads and remember that calories are king. So calories are number one and eating clean as much as possible is number two. Set a calorie intake goal and stick to it. Stay way from salty, fatty, fried, and empty carb foods. Cut back or quit the beer and alcohol (this one is tough but they don't call it a beer belly for nothing). When you have the munchies just grab some water and walk away from the kitchen.

Working out is the other side of this. If you don't have time ... make it. If you still don't have time get a personal trainer to motivate you. Do 10 push-ups, 10 sit-ups, and 10 burpess every hour on the hour if needed.

Of course consult a doctor.

A great book that I recommend is Bigger Leaner Stronger by Michael Matthews

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Mainah I could get past my love for salty, fatty, fried carbs, but don't take my BEER! Lol

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Bill D I am battling my beer bump at the gym 6 days a week right now. I love my craft beer, rye wiskey, tequila drinks, and red wines. I have a two tap kegerator that is always calling my name but I have manged to cut back to weekends only and no more than two drinks on each day of the weekend. I have an aggressive goal though (First Full Ironman Triathlon at 40 years old). Once I get to the shape I want to be in I will be able to have a bit more so that is my motivation to get there quicker.

A buddy of mine that was regularly buying 18 packs gave up beer cold turkey months ago. Thats it, that is all he did different and he looks like a new man.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Never saw this thread until today, congrats for all of you taking the challenge. I am one of those guys with a crazy high metabolism, I am 6'1" and 165 Lb's, I have to eat every couple of hours or I feel like crap, I get Hangry Lol.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I love going to the gym.... but I have been slack lately... however when I go I quietly slip past the cardiovascular equipment without making eye contact tact with a treadmill or stair stepper and go straight for the benches.. lol

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
So i looked back at this and some of my weights i had. I had hit 265. Now with all my sickness/stroke i am 232 so 33 pounds!
I would not recommend my method of weight loss though.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Any thoughts about bringing this thread/challenge back for this year?

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I stil think there needs to be some kind of incentive. Either we set up a paypal and everyone in adds $5 or $10. With that said though there would also need to be some kind of weigh in locally with cash or prizes on the table. I'm real heavy and know if have a problem but need some kind of incentive to keep me going.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I am all for doing this again. But it has to be set up right like it was the first time around ($20 to @Murf'n'surf i think. He was the $$ holder). The second year with no money on the table everyone lost interest. I'm in if it gets any traction.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Was just reading this. https://www.livestrong.com/article/32270-create-office-weight-loss-challenge/

Talks about having the overall winner, but also offering prizes for weekly or other periodic prizes. Maybe increase the buy-in in order to fund a couple smaller prizes at quarter intervals or something. Small prizes could be JBnet swag, or amazon gift cards or whatever.

Whatever it takes to help those of us with less than stellar willpower to stay motivated.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Definitely in. And I'd say definitely for the money (while keeping a section active for those who don't wanna do the money - that's been me the last 2 years). I need extra motivation this year. And I'd say after the holidays. That also gives us 5 weeks to recruit people to join and collect their monies. First weigh-in Jan 1 (it's a monday). Final weigh in March 26th (also a monday). 12 weeks total. $50/head. Say we get 10 people, first place takes 200, second takes 120, 3rd 60. That leaves a $10 weekly incentive award every week.

Just spitballin. What do y'all think?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've got no issues being the $ holder again. I'll even toss in some stickers to the top 3.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I'm 45 lbs down from day of my stroke this year. I am about 18% body fat. Count me out this time!