• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Had an...interesting first trip in the new AR 240

minn19

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I did - it was a bit of a cluster because my salesman quit before I took possession but overall it’s been good so far! I’ve made a few mods (cobra steering, whole boat led install, flag pole, fuse block behind helm) and have been really happy with it so far.
Yah, we were looking at a boat there, but they were very disorganized plus some other things that left my wife and I feeling very uncomfortable doing business with them. I've only had one other boat and the experience with that dealer was not fun so we were hoping not to repeat that experience. In the end we really wanted a 212S and they didn't have one so we went to a dealer in WI.

Nice boat and light set up! Glad you guys are having fun with it now. They are awesome boats! Our other boat was a single console Alumacraft 175 CS fishing boat so this is quite the change ion every way for us. In a good way of course.

minn19

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I think they are it in Minnie, which is unfortunate.

Welcome to the propless crew. I love my new boat and just sold my old Mastercraft. So we are officially down to one boat again. What did you do for led's? That seems to be next on my list... Welll after listening to the lackluster speakers/sound, that may be moving up.
They are from what I can tell as well. I agree it is unfortunate and it appears Yamaha wants it that way as well which is very unfortunate. The swim deck/no props is what first attracted us to the Yamaha line up since our 9 year old daughter and friends will be playing off the back of this for years to come. I love not having to worry about a prop even when it is off etc. Plus we live on a pretty shallow lake, I know you still have to worry about sucking up to much sand, but at least I can get in and out of places I couldn't with the old outboard or I/O deck boat we were looking at over the last couple of years.

Congrats on yours also!

BeauSko

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Helluva first outing, beautiful boat! Welcome!

ctyke

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They are from what I can tell as well. I agree it is unfortunate and it appears Yamaha wants it that way as well which is very unfortunate. The swim deck/no props is what first attracted us to the Yamaha line up since our 9 year old daughter and friends will be playing off the back of this for years to come. I love not having to worry about a prop even when it is off etc. Plus we live on a pretty shallow lake, I know you still have to worry about sucking up to much sand, but at least I can get in and out of places I couldn't with the old outboard or I/O deck boat we were looking at over the last couple of years.

Congrats on yours also!
I have a thread about my miserable experience with them. Its really a shame, but I didn't let that spoil my experince.

Where about do you boat? I'm down south (north east of Mankato) Big Jefferson. I got the Yamaha for two reasons, the safety of not having a prop and the fact a newer Mastercraft would have been double the price.

minn19

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I have a thread about my miserable experience with them. Its really a shame, but I didn't let that spoil my experince.

Where about do you boat? I'm down south (north east of Mankato) Big Jefferson. I got the Yamaha for two reasons, the safety of not having a prop and the fact a newer Mastercraft would have been double the price.
Sorry to hear that, that is no fun obviously. We are north of the metro around Big Marine, Forest Lake and Center/Lindstrom area lakes. We are looking forward to getting it on the St. Croix and going between Stillwater, Hudson and Prescott. If I get really brave see is I can get it down to Lake Pepin and go through the locks is allowed would be fun.

Edit: Do you have a link to your thread, interested in reading it if you don’t mind. Never mind, found it.

Last edited:

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Just took possession of my new AR240 on Friday and it’s been a wild ride.
  1. My salesman quit before I took possession so while I arranged the date and time of pickup my dealer was completely unprepared for me. Little bit of a wait but still had a solid walkthrough. Powered on the Connext and no fuel in the tank so cue following the dealer to the gas station.
  2. Towed it 2 hrs to our cabin - trailer did awesome and launching went smooth!
  3. First few (easy) mods in - installed porta potti for the kids with some industrial velcro and a large tube GoPro mount on the tower that I’m going to use with a Karma grip
  4. Took it out for a second time to finish up the engine break in. That went smooth but got a call from my new lift installer on the lake - new lift is delayed till next week due to high winds this week - bummer since I’ll have to wet slip it for a few days.
  5. This is my first jet boat so I’m still getting used to docking a jet - aforementioned high winds made docking tough and in the process knocked my stern rope into the lake... which promptly got sucked in to my starboard intake! Killed the engine right away and I ended up jumping in the (shallow) water fully clothed to keep the boat from being driven into the shore rock. Luckily it just wound around the shaft and I was able to untangle it through the clean out port. Water temp: 54 degrees.
  6. Did a test run the next morning to make sure it ran fine and it went great! Awesome responsiveness and time to plane is sooooo much faster than my old I/O.
  7. I’m a MN boater and we’re known for our...temperamental weather. Our forecasted light rain quickly turned into heavy snow. While boating through snow is actually pretty cool at low speed, getting the shipping cover on was tough.
Even with all the hassle I’m really excited about the boat - it rode great and the quick acceleration, shallow draft and extra space are a big game changer compared to what we had before. Ultimately I chalked this trip up as a great learning experience; it was perfect rough conditions docking practice and you better believe I’ll be keeping a close eye on my stern rope going forward! Bonus pics attached!
Love your new boat!! I grew up in Wisconsin and went to Eau Claire for college. The Minnesota area is beautiful and you will have so much fun with her. Thanks for sharing!!

KC-AR240

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

How's the water temp up there ? We're thinking about coming up to Minnetonka next month or August

UpNorth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How's the water temp up there ? We're thinking about coming up to Minnetonka next month or August
We’ve been out the past 5 days on Minnetonka. In the deeper bays the temp is 76-77.... it will be warmed up by next month for you.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
We’ve been out the past 5 days on Minnetonka. In the deeper bays the temp is 76-77.... it will be warmed up by next month for you.
Yeah, especially with some hot weather, the water should feel great!