• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hairline cracks, spider cracks?

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I came across this product. I haven't tried it just yet, but I'm going to order a bit and give it a whirl:

http://www.magicezy.com/

If it works as described it should make ridding your boat of hairline cracks much, much easier!
:cool:

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Interesting. Keep us informed how it works. We may want to see about a group buy if it works well. (LOL)

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
X2 on letting us know. I found a few cracks around my front cup holder on the starboard side. No idea how they got there. Although you can't really see them because of the seat cushoin, I'd would love to cover them up, because I'm that anal.

jdiaz78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
+1
I hope it works, I have a few spots I could use that in. Keep us updated.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Interesting. Keep us informed how it works. We may want to see about a group buy if it works well. (LOL)
yeah, that should quiet things down around here for a week or so!

OK, I just ordered a tube. Came to $32.72 delivered to the States. I hope it doesn't take more than a week to get here or I may miss my first window of opportunity.

Last edited:

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know on car windshield cracks, I've heard some clear nail polish stops any further cracking. Not sure how true this is since I have never done it, but if it is indeed true, then maybe it would work on our boats ???

http://www.ehow.com/how_12152219_seal-windshield-cracks-fingernail-polish.html
Well, windshield cracks are a whole 'nuther can of worms if you ask me. There are some very inexpensive epoxy repair kits that come with a special vacuum syringe to get that job done right, I wouldn't mess with nail polish - it won't hang in there very long. At least not if it's the stuff my girls use...they always seem to be doing their nails!

Gel coat is a different make-up, you really don't want to try and repair a crack in gel coat with a clear coat - you may fill the crack, but you'll still see it. The objective is to make it disappear.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I found some spider lins on the hull under the water line when I was cleaning her last weekend. I used a gelcoat repair which seemed similair to the Majicezy product. Since it was below the water line it was supposed to dry for 8 hours (30 minutes above water line but no waxing for three days). I didn't wait the 8 hours (maybe about 6.5) so I hope the repair stayed in place. Once you try this and it work I would be interested in knowing the cure time.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I found some spider lins on the hull under the water line when I was cleaning her last weekend. I used a gelcoat repair which seemed similair to the Majicezy product. Since it was below the water line it was supposed to dry for 8 hours (30 minutes above water line but no waxing for three days). I didn't wait the 8 hours (maybe about 6.5) so I hope the repair stayed in place. Once you try this and it work I would be interested in knowing the cure time.
How large are the cracks? Where are they on the boat, fore, aft, middle? Did they appear to have been caused by flex or impact?

mrlanemeyer

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm interested in how this turned out as well. Just noticed a few hairline cracks on my boat today as well. Based on the location I think the winch on the mooring cover probably knocked into the side of the boat at some point. The cracks are really fine and I couldn't even see them until I rubbed some wax over it and the cracks turned white. Not even sure its worth fixing they are so minor.

pagekl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@mrlanemeyer, I have cracks similar to those on the bow. Mine are very small and from what I hear is its more cosmetic than structural. I'm no structural engineer, but it seems to me if spider cracks develop, then some flexing or bowing is happening with the hull! which to me seems structural. Can someone explain this please?

Lawson2479

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Glassman Have you received this yet and tried it? Interested in ordering if it works well.

Lawson2479

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@andy07sx230ho , Thanks. I hope it works well. Interested in how it turns out so I can fix a few cosmetic issues.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bump, hoping for some real-world reviews!

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm seem to be finding new cracks on the top side of my boat after each outing :( very interested to see what our resident expert has to say. :)

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am subscribing to this thread too to find out how it goes. I have all the "normal" spider cracks..... :shifty:

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any marketing claiming magic, easy, or nano technology is almost guaranteed not to work at all.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length