• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hangtyte...No regrets

TreeRX

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I thought about getting the hangtyte system for a while, but really didn't want to cut holes in the cover. Well my cover is getting old and has a little hole, and the straps on the poles are about to give out. Decided to get the hangtyte and test it out on this cover before I retire it. Now I'm upset I didn't do this sooner. No more ducking under straps or crawling under the windshield anymore!!!

We'll have to see how the cover holds up long term, but absolutely loving it right now...No question my favorite accessory for the boat under $100.

First hole cut:
IMG_6820.jpeg

Second hole cut:
IMG_6823.jpeg

The gripping part of the hangtyte:
IMG_6821.jpeg

Bottom side:
IMG_6822.jpeg
IMG_6904.jpeg

IMG_6905.jpeg

IMG_6901.jpeg

IMG_6899.jpeg
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Attachments

• IMG_6899.jpeg
    IMG_6899.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Looks great. I have been enjoying my hangtyte system for 3 years. I ended up needing 2 in the back and 1 in the front for my 2010 212x. I just bought a replacement cover and it came with a new pole set. (I had lost my old pole set) I'm going to see where the poles contact the cover and when I transition from my old cover to my new cover maybe I can go back to just 2 hangtytes instead of 3.

I placed the hangtytes where the OEM poles lifted the cover…I think when I eventually get a new cover I might mount the hangtytes a little closer to the bow and stern, so that the hangtyte doesn’t put extra stress on the stitched seams of the cover.
Had some heavy rain already, and no water pooling. You should be good with only 2 hangtytes on a 212 if you place them where the factory poles go.

Love mine also. I used some anti-fray goop from the wife’s sewing kit on the edges before I installed.

I loosen the lines for towing. Have made several 6 hour tows with the cover since installing.

Last edited:
For towing I disconnect mine from the tower and tuck them under the cover at the tower points. As long as there is a lot of slack I don't see why keeping them loosely attached to the tower would be a problem. The only thing I can think of is it might put some extra wear on the ropes. The cover is designed to suck tight to the boat during towing and if it's raining while you are towing it just wicks right off. It's a little tricky if you have to stop during your trip in a heavy rain. You just can't stop for very long.

Back