• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Considering Outdoor/Uncovered Storage

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So what if all of it won't fit in the garage. Most of it will.

View attachment 212122
Interestingly enough.....Our first boat "stuck out" like that when we stored it in my grandfathers garage.

You see in this picture, the nose had just a touch of snow on it.....That was valentines day '08. Man time flies!

1701283349179.png

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just a FYI, a buddy from work double covered his beautiful 27ft Colbalt two years ago and when he unwrapped it in the spring he had a lot of mildew on his seats. 99% did come of but he really struggled cleaning it. When I say double covered he had the snap cover on and then a big blue tarp over that. Maybe a few damprid buckets would of solved the issue, just giving my fellow jetboaters a heads up.
I don’t think his boat was bone dry inside… if the boat is wrapped like that and there is water down inside somewhere with no ventilation its going to sweat and that leads to mildew.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
House is really close to the property line in the back corner. Would have to add a garage forward and to the left, and would like wildly out of place in the neighborhood. We are looking 2-3 years down the road at a new house, and the neighborhood we have our eyes on all have 3 car garages, and the builders will happily make one a "toy" garage with a 10ft door and 30ft depth. That would be idea.

It's a 2017 Audi Q7. I found a few modules online, but they were all stupid expensive and required carrying a separate key fob. 12Volt Solutions has a setup, but it requires leaving one key in the car all the time, and I'm not really a fan of that, and it's still like $900. Add in I'm super nervous to cut into the wiring on such an advanced vehicle. There's enough electronics in here I can only imagine the havoc a stray current would create.
A 30’s deep toy garage will house your new 255 FSH nicely!

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm not counting my FSH eggs before they hatch. Wife still isn't convinced a center console is the right move for us.
What are her reservations? My wife absolutely loves our 210 FSH. This is her first experience with a boat, so she doesn't have a lot to compare it to. But she likes that all of the seating is primarily forward facing, it has great visibility, and now that I'm teaching her to drive while I'm photographing wildlife or wakeboarding, she prefers to operate from that CC standing position.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What are her reservations? My wife absolutely loves our 210 FSH. This is her first experience with a boat, so she doesn't have a lot to compare it to. But she likes that all of the seating is primarily forward facing, it has great visibility, and now that I'm teaching her to drive while I'm photographing wildlife or wakeboarding, she prefers to operate from that CC standing position.
Here's the big sticking points

No elevated tow point for the boys to ride wakeboards from
Worried about generating shady places to sit while at anchor
Storage being less than a comparable AR205 (we take a lot of crap on the water with us)

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Storage being less than a comparable AR205 (we take a lot of crap on the water with us)
I think you may have meant an AR250?

-The 255 FSH has 543 gallons of storage, the 252 FSH has 557 gallons of storage, while the AR250 has 731 gallons of storage, If I recall you do not fish… so that leaves the live wells available for storage on the 252/255 FSH which should be roughly 60 gallons of storage so you’d be down about 116/130 gallons of storage respectively. Except, I wonder how much storage space is taken up on both boats by say the batteries…and how useable the storage is, best to go on both boats for a real feel experience.
-Shady places are not that much of an issue with the OEM bow and stern shades or even the Ocean South ones that some folks have used.

That just leaves the elevated tow point… not much that can be done there as Yamaha does not recommend using one of the rocket launchers as a tow point.

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Take this opinion with a grain of salt, since I just took up wakeboarding this year...but...I'm not seeing a significant difference between getting towed from my low point on my boat compared with the high tow point on my neighbor's AR250. Maybe someone else can speak to how significant the difference might be for advanced riders.

Regarding the shade, you would likely need to invest in accessories like @FSH 210 Sport mentioned. We don't spend any time at anchor, so the T top gives us all the shade we need underway.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Take this opinion with a grain of salt, since I just took up wakeboarding this year...but...I'm not seeing a significant difference between getting towed from my low point on my boat compared with the high tow point on my neighbor's AR250. Maybe someone else can speak to how significant the difference might be for advanced riders.

Regarding the shade, you would likely need to invest in accessories like @FSH 210 Sport mentioned. We don't spend any time at anchor, so the T top gives us all the shade we need underway.
I've been looking at shades, and I think that we'll be OK on that front. Just need to get her on one so she can solidify the seating position and shade positioning in her mind. She's not super great at spatial awareness without concrete examples.

The tow point is only a small issue really. I cut my teeth on wakeboards with that boat above in granddads garage, and spent the first 26yrs of my life water skiing from the lower tow point. Once I moved to the 190 with the tower, it's a noticeable difference in pull from a deep water start. Once you're on top of the water, so long as you aren't doing flips or other big air moves, it's mostly not noticeable as you've pointed out. It's not a deal breaker as my boys are likely not going pro in wakeboarding, however I like the extra height for myself, even though I just ride a skate now instead of a board. In terms of boat selection, it's a nice to have, not a deal breaker.

@FSH 210 Sport You're right. I meant the AR250. My AR190 has 422gal of storage so its likely the 557gal in the FSH 252 is plenty. With that said, a quick browse and I'm struggling with where things would go. In particular our boards that are currently ski locker or rear seat storage on the 190 don't seem to have a place to land in the 252. Also the tube that we keep in a Home Depot Tote in the rear seat storage area doesn't have a direct home. I think the two front underseats are really comparable, and I would likely remove the tackle trays and use that as random console storage. I know there's space in the center console, however I can't claim that space as storage AND as a changing room/mini-head at the same time (I mean I could, but she'll see right through me).

Really there's just enough different about it that we need to get some time sitting on one and talking it through before we can pull the trigger on the upgrade. However an AR250 she would buy on pictures alone since she already knows how/where things will fit/go due to the very similar form factor to what we've had for the last 14yrs.

bttally

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I've been looking at shades, and I think that we'll be OK on that front. Just need to get her on one so she can solidify the seating position and shade positioning in her mind. She's not super great at spatial awareness without concrete examples.

The tow point is only a small issue really. I cut my teeth on wakeboards with that boat above in granddads garage, and spent the first 26yrs of my life water skiing from the lower tow point. Once I moved to the 190 with the tower, it's a noticeable difference in pull from a deep water start. Once you're on top of the water, so long as you aren't doing flips or other big air moves, it's mostly not noticeable as you've pointed out. It's not a deal breaker as my boys are likely not going pro in wakeboarding, however I like the extra height for myself, even though I just ride a skate now instead of a board. In terms of boat selection, it's a nice to have, not a deal breaker.

@FSH 210 Sport You're right. I meant the AR250. My AR190 has 422gal of storage so its likely the 557gal in the FSH 252 is plenty. With that said, a quick browse and I'm struggling with where things would go. In particular our boards that are currently ski locker or rear seat storage on the 190 don't seem to have a place to land in the 252. Also the tube that we keep in a Home Depot Tote in the rear seat storage area doesn't have a direct home. I think the two front underseats are really comparable, and I would likely remove the tackle trays and use that as random console storage. I know there's space in the center console, however I can't claim that space as storage AND as a changing room/mini-head at the same time (I mean I could, but she'll see right through me).

Really there's just enough different about it that we need to get some time sitting on one and talking it through before we can pull the trigger on the upgrade. However an AR250 she would buy on pictures alone since she already knows how/where things will fit/go due to the very similar form factor to what we've had for the last 14yrs.
We went from a 2017 AR190 to a 2023 222 FSH Sport E. We loved the 190 but we love the fsh even more. There is no boat made that has the storage of the old ar190's. Even the new AR250s have smaller compartments that make it hard to take the larger items.
We had the same discussion here about shade. The rear shades work fine when anchored but there is limited shade when underway. The only other thing we miss is there isn't a place to lay down when the kids are tired on a long ride.
Other than that, the storage areas are huge in the fsh. In the helm I keep a portapotty, 4 back pack beach chairs, 2 boogy boards, a large duffle bag of sand toys, 4 life jackets, a throwable, and still have room.
Mine doesn't have the front livewell like the 255 so we have tons on storage up front too. There is also front floor storage which is not long enough for skis but is still pretty big.
It is a rocket compared to the 190. There is enough power and agility to throw your passengers out if you wanted to. Tons of fun to drive and really is a great boat.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We went from a 2017 AR190 to a 2023 222 FSH Sport E. We loved the 190 but we love the fsh even more. There is no boat made that has the storage of the old ar190's. Even the new AR250s have smaller compartments that make it hard to take the larger items.
We had the same discussion here about shade. The rear shades work fine when anchored but there is limited shade when underway. The only other thing we miss is there isn't a place to lay down when the kids are tired on a long ride.
Other than that, the storage areas are huge in the fsh. In the helm I keep a portapotty, 4 back pack beach chairs, 2 boogy boards, a large duffle bag of sand toys, 4 life jackets, a throwable, and still have room.
Mine doesn't have the front livewell like the 255 so we have tons on storage up front too. There is also front floor storage which is not long enough for skis but is still pretty big.
It is a rocket compared to the 190. There is enough power and agility to throw your passengers out if you wanted to. Tons of fun to drive and really is a great boat.
Thats some great information. Thanks for sharing.

I've been wondering how we're going to deal with the smaller compartment openings. We have a '17 AR190 right now, and that rear storage behind the drivers seat holds the tube in a home depot tote, as well as (3) skim boards, and the inflatable platform. While we HATE how the seats aren't attached and have to be held by someone while we're accessing the storage; we LOVE how large the openings are and how much "stuff" we can fit in the boat. No matter what I feel like we're going to be in for some adjustments in how/where/what we store on the boat.

Thanks again!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

I thought I saw a board storage thing that went on top of the T top but not sure. I don‘t have a feel for how big your boards are, but, it’s also possible they could go in the head compartment. I can see where storing the boards “could” be an issue.

As far as the head compartment goes and using it for storage and a head, I have all my stuff in dry bags and it takes seconds to toss those bags on the deck for a gal to use the porta potty. Id day the situation might be similar to an AR250’s head compartment, too much storage space to not be used as such.

I have a big Mable two person towable and it fits into the five gallon bucket locker in between the bow seats along with the tow ball thingie. After I’m done using it I deflate it and stuff it in there, I’ll pull it out when I get home and lay it out to dry.

The open layout of a center console is different for sure but there are a lot of advantages of this layout.