• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Has anyone come up with a way to prevent stepping on the rear seat?

HARY5150

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
cut out some wood and put marine carpet over it, or what ever you desire and you can lay it on the seat during the times of heavy traffic back and forth and that would take care of the seat getting worn out. when you don't need it it lays flat on the floor

Matts18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has this been discontinued? I can’t find it on Will’s site. Looks intriguing!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes unfortunately it's been discontinued. It's a shame as its a really nice kit and the way the boat should have come IMO.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yes, Will announced last fall his upholstery guy was retiring.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There was a member in here who cut up @swatski spare 190 seat and it turned out pretty good. I can't remember who the member was though at the moment. I'm sure someone will link it.

Matts18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Found it! It is @Banditgrrr who cut up the seat and made it a walk thru. AR 192 Walk Through
His method is good.....although I am not going to hack into my seat. I know of a really good upholstery/convertible top that could probably do a "factory quality" job for cheaper than what JBP was charging. In the meantime, I have a gray seatsaver that actually protects the seat well.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Do you have the link for this kit? I can’t seem to find it on there website
I may have got one of their last ones because shortly after I got mine the guy who did their upholstery had moved on. I want to say they got a new person or working with someone so maybe email them to see if they can make it again or reach out directly to Will @JetBoatPilot

Others have modified their existing seat cushion or bought a spare used one and did a similar DIY conversion.

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
How was it wearing out? Was it the surface? Or was the padding itself getting mashed down?
This is something I should probably address before the damage is done.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What’s it call and how can I get one, I have the same problem and need one right away. Thanks for your help
Unfortunately it’s a discontinued part that they no longer sell. You would have to get a boat upholstery shop to make one or you can modify the stock cushion to be two halves like a few people have done.