• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR 192 Walk Through

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am moving fowards with my custom boat kegerator as foam testing with an amber proved viable. Have all the parts and just need to install as part of my Spring 2018 mod fest once parts are in for the other mods. This darn forum is to blame. I am now thinking I might have to go with two taps and two kegs if space and amp hour draw allows. 1 for beer and 1 for mixed summer drink or shandy.
Better take some extra fenders to Bimini, something tells me you are gonna have a lot of people wanting to raft-up with you in Honeymoon Harbor, lol.

--

Banditgrrr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
First and foremost, a huge THANKS to @swatski! I most likely would not have done this without you providing the seat. MUCH appreciated!!!!

So my SeaDek arrived and I when I placed the order, I asked them to include the extra mat for the step-thru. Once all my SeaDek was installed, I decided to tackle the seat. I removed the existing seat, placed the pad down in the center and measured the distance so I knew where to cut. The top of this picture is the front of the seat. I measured in 7 inches from the center of the bolt on each side. On the bottom of the seat I measured in 6 inches and drew the lines for a cutting guide. I then cut the vinyl ribbon and removed the staples for the area I was going to cut.
20180314_192314_resized.jpg

I placed the mat on the back of the seat just to make sure everything lined up correctly.

20180314_194757_resized.jpg

Once I cut through the black backer board (creates a huge mess), I flipped the seat over and cut the vinyl right down the center. This gave me the excess to pull under the seat and staple.

20180314_202053_resized.jpg

I then flipped the seat back over and removed the black back piece I had previously cut. Leaving that black piece is makes the seat rigid so it was easier to cut the top side. I then cut the foam right down the middle in order to separate the right and left sides.

20180314_202209_resized.jpg

Once it was two separate seats, I then folded back the vinyl in order to cut the foam. In a previous failed attempt to do this using plywood and foam and vinyl from JoAnn's fabrics, I learned that the best way to cut the foam is with a serrated bread knife. I cut it flush with the edge of the black bottom.

20180314_202519_resized.jpg

I pulled the vinyl slightly tight and used T50 stainless staples to hold the vinyl in place.

20180314_204436_resized.jpg

After all was said and done, I installed both seat cushions and the SeaDek pad. While it may not be perfect or quite as nice as the JetBoatPilot versions, I think it's going to work out well. My biggest goal was to keep people from stepping on the seats. At least we know it's now possible to do. Again, thanks @swatski for hooking me up!

20180314_212014_resized.jpg