• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Garage floor epoxy - anyone done it themselves?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
A things worth mentioning:

I was concerned about hot tire pick up before I installed the foam mats. I dealt with it by leaving the areas on the floor where my wife’s car sits bare. The mats sometimes buckle when she turns on them but they are repositioned just as quickly.

when I need to jack up a car, paint, etc. in the garage I either temporarily remove the mats in my work area or cover them with painters plastic.

Looks like the previous owner of my current home used the same stuff I did from Home Depot. I don’t know how long ago but none of it was peeling before I installed the foam mats and I don’t see any hot tire spots on the exposed part (it get really hot where I am, it was over 90 everyday last summer.

that stuff from Home Depot came on a box big enough for two one gallon containers but it only came with one gallon of material and I didn’t mix it with anything, just popped the top mixed what was in the can and rolled it on.

Finally if you go the Home Depot route, verify the colors are the same should you buy more than one gallon. They had one of each shade of gray when I went so I bought both and mixed them before use (I didn’t want to run out to another Home Depot for matching paint).

Can0n11

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
We have polished concrete floors at work in the maintenance labs. pretty durable and stain resistant.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I put a commercial grade (Spartan Chemical) 2-part epoxy on my previous garage floor. The prep is the key! If you skimp on the prep it will not hold up. Epoxy will far outlast paint though. You will need to remove the existing paint before you prep the concrete.

I have not use the brand you mentioned but I doubt that it would be guaranteed. They will likely claim it wasn't prepped properly.