• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Has anyone else seen this? <rubber around keys deteriorating>

Usually rubber breakdown like that is accelerated by an oil. Yuck...what a mess!

I would suspect sunscreen.
We don’t use spray on on the boat. Not sure how any oil would have contacted

Boats.net been doing the same since May 1st. You'll eventually get to "No ETA."
Sorry for the bit of a hijack...

Just got a new email from Partzilla and thought, 'oh, here it comes... no ETA.' Opened it and the ETA is now Sept 1. And yes I double checked: 2022.

Container must have come in...

Sorry for the bit of a hijack...

Just got a new email from Partzilla and thought, 'oh, here it comes... no ETA.' Opened it and the ETA is now Sept 1. And yes I double checked: 2022.

Container must have come in...
My email today now says "Available Thursday, September 01, 2022"
I feel like I'm gettin' played!!!! ?

Mine are degrading too. I have a set of ignition switches on order from Boats.net. Backordered...No Current ETA.
I can make you a new one in about a weeks time, $100 parts labor and shipping

Attachments

• key.jpg
    key.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 10
Mine are in very good condition still, but I also added rubber boots to my keys, which covers that up while in use (and reduces jingling when they are clipped to my boat bag). Nice little thing to have for $5/key.

68B4F3E1-FAC6-4213-A20B-E74C7FB22342.jpeg

Back