• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Has anyone had a newer or repaired ECU go bad?

UnorthodoxCreations

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm curious if anyone has had a newer ECU or one they had repaired go bad? This is all in reference to the failure that causes an injector to go stick open. I had one ECU go bad 2 years ago and had it repaired. Last year the other side went bad and I replaced with a new OEM because it was faster. Each had signs of mild water intrusion in the boxes but nothing significant. My boat has less than 200 hours and I feel like these problems may be more age than water or hours related. I'm trying to get a feel for the likely hood of having another failure. Might there be any improvements to the OEM ECU to prevent this problem? Are the repaired ECUs any more robust in a way that they won't fail again. I still have my failed ECU from last year that I haven't sent out for repairs yet. I plan to do that and if the repairs are know to be more robust than OEM I might put that ECU back in and sell the newer one or save it for a back up.

I have read of repaired ecu being affected on other drivers if all were not replaced.

I have read of only 1 ecu failure where the water introduction was not immediately apparent. All others have been ecu box full of water

07-09 sx230 computer location was updated to prevent the ecu being right below the water cascade to engine room right on the edge.vs 03-06

I'm curious if anyone has had a newer ECU or one they had repaired go bad? This is all in reference to the failure that causes an injector to go stick open. I had one ECU go bad 2 years ago and had it repaired. Last year the other side went bad and I replaced with a new OEM because it was faster. Each had signs of mild water intrusion in the boxes but nothing significant. My boat has less than 200 hours and I feel like these problems may be more age than water or hours related. I'm trying to get a feel for the likely hood of having another failure. Might there be any improvements to the OEM ECU to prevent this problem? Are the repaired ECUs any more robust in a way that they won't fail again. I still have my failed ECU from last year that I haven't sent out for repairs yet. I plan to do that and if the repairs are know to be more robust than OEM I might put that ECU back in and sell the newer one or save it for a back up.
I had one repaired due to a stuck injector. All was good for a while and then a different injector stuck open. Wasn’t about to pay for another repair so we just bought a new ECU and all has been good ever since. They all look the same other than where the repair was made. I’m not sure how water gets into it seeing it’s sealed with epoxy but somehow I guess it does. Age might have an effect on them but dunno.

Last edited:
Back