• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Has anyone put a Wet Sounds head unit in a 2008 Yamaha Ar210 or similar?

Setec_Fl

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, I have almost replaced every part of the crappy stereo system in my AR210 with all Wet Sounds gear. Rev 10s on the tower, Revo 6s inside. SYN-DX6 amp and I’m about to add the SYN-DX2.3 and a 10 inch open air sub….

but I also want to replace the head unit as I’m sick of the “marine grade” single DIN units shorting out.

Obviously I have a thing for Wet Sounds, but I don’t see any way to get any of their head units to fit in that opening where the current unit and dome cover sits.

I have searched on here and the Yamaha pilot forum and can’t find any pictures or build threads showing a way to replace this.
If not a Wet Sounds unit, any other recommendations that will work? I will want something that will have swim deck controls as well.

I can get pictures and measurements Friday when I go get her to finish the LED wiring.

thanks in advance for any help.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You need to rip the domed mounting bracket out. I cut a custom mounting plate out of a cool looking lexan cutting board from Target. You mount the new unit to the mounting plate and the plate to where the old unit was. Both with screws. I have the fusion ra670. Controls 3 zones and sub. All bells and whistles. They have compatible wired and wireless remote. You can do the same with any unit any brand that will fit in the hole.