• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Has anyone removed their 12” Connext screen?

DanF861

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I need to pull my Connext screen and take it to the dealer for a warranty claim (delaminating screen). My boat is currently in storage but I might have a short window to access it this weekend. Has anyone removed their screen before, and is it a fairly quick/simple job? I’d imagine it’s probably only a few screws and unplugging a harness before it pops out. But figured I’d check to be sure before giving it a shot. Thanks!

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Have you checked with your dealer to make sure you can pull the screen and take it in for warranty? At one time I had ask about replacing a simple latch by removing and bringing it in and was told the only way they can cover/honor warranty is if the boat is brought in.

DanF861

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My dealer seems to be okay doing the warranty replacement without having me bring in the boat. They just want me to bring in the old screen.

Patriot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yep, brought mine to dealer last winter for same issue. From behind the dash after I took out all of the screws holding the dash I realized I only needed to unscrew the 4 screws holding the screen to the dash. Ugh. Very simple job. Took a pic of the wiring before unplugging but straight forward. My dealer also had the replacement shipped to my house instead of needing to drive the hour each way to pick up.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Good to know!