• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello all - Excited for my boat - any news on 2021 models?

Daddy Fat Sacs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I was told by 2 different dealers in 2 different states that the release date is 8/12. I’ve also heard that the 242’s will become 25’ and it’s also Yamaha’s 35th year anniversary. Obviously NONE of this can be confirmed so who knows

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok I was at another Marina today looking at their storage for possibly winter and we got to chatting about boat sales, the shortage and deposits. He let is slide that since there is no inventory or very little of anything left, that Salesman, at least at their dealership, can take a draw percentage off of a deposit on a boat. They get to do this because there is nothing to sell and the salesman, some, are starving for a paycheck. Perhaps this has something to do with the larger deposits that are being asked for.

Not sure but it seemed plausible.

Simone40

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ok I was at another Marina today looking at their storage for possibly winter and we got to chatting about boat sales, the shortage and deposits. He let is slide that since there is no inventory or very little of anything left, that Salesman, at least at their dealership, can take a draw percentage off of a deposit on a boat. They get to do this because there is nothing to sell and the salesman, some, are starving for a paycheck. Perhaps this has something to do with the larger deposits that are being asked for.

Not sure but it seemed plausible.
Good to know - thanks. We are headed to the dealership on Saturday - should be interesting.

AndyGuertin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I love my 2020 SX 190. The amount of storage is great. Typically it’s my wife and I with 2 kids or 4 adults. Still maintains enough power to pop me outta water on skis and I’m 215. We had one trip with 8 folks With 2 large folks and she was a little sluggish. She lines up on the trailer every time with ease. Plenty of cup holders but I wish there was a port side cubby like on starboard side. Decent on gas. By cobra or JBP fins though, well worth the $200 investment trust me.
Awesome review! I will most definitely take your advice on the fins!

Anyone else have reviews or advice
for the group?