• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello all - Excited for my boat - any news on 2021 models?

ArchBuck

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello! These forums look very active and helpful. I recently reserved my 2021 AR190 and am stoked to get it in our yard to use before the end of summer (in MN, so we are already half-over with summer here). Sounds like Yamaha has already stopped production of 2020 models and is onto the 2021 models... but be darned if I can find any information on release date. Looks like 2020 models were announced in mid-August (prob means delivery mid-Sept). I can't find the 2019 release date... is it always mid August?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome @ArchBuck! This forum is very helpful and full of great folks. Congrats on your reservation! I have it on his authority (Yamaha dealer on Facebook) that the 2021 release date is August 18th.

ArchBuck

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@J-RAD - Thank you very much!

@Agent Boost - pricing for my reservation was $1,000 more then the 2020 model. I put down a few grand to hold the next AR190 that comes into the dealership, regardless of color or year. We will see what we get! With some luck, we will still get a 2020 delivery and we can get our new boat prior to end of summer.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yamaha cancelled their in person dealer meeting and will have a virtual event this year.....usually in August, but now who knows when it will be.....perhaps one of the dealers will let us know?

ArchBuck

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have been looking for our new boat for a couple years and only recently found the AR layout on yamaha. Immediately fell in love... now we must practice patience as we wait for new boats to be produced. Unfortunately up here (MN) there aren't a ton of used around (there are effectively none). From the looks of it, this will be worth the wait.

BrandonG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are the 2021's the same as 2020 or what are some highlights of the new model?

ArchBuck

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@BrandonG - I haven't seen any details on this, which makes me think they are the same. The 2019 models (when they made changes) they were advertising months before release.

Simone40

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We have been looking for our new boat for a couple years and only recently found the AR layout on yamaha. Immediately fell in love... now we must practice patience as we wait for new boats to be produced. Unfortunately up here (MN) there aren't a ton of used around (there are effectively none). From the looks of it, this will be worth the wait.
Totally new to this group and new to boating. So we inquired about the 2021 pricing on a FSH Sport and asked about reserving one and were told 10% down to get our names on one of the first ones in (could be as early as Sept but they weren't sure of which boats they would be getting). I see you recently reserved a boat as well, is the 10% down pretty typical? On another thread, that group made it sound unheard of to put that amount of money down.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Totally new to this group and new to boating. So we inquired about the 2021 pricing on a FSH Sport and asked about reserving one and were told 10% down to get our names on one of the first ones in (could be as early as Sept but they weren't sure of which boats they would be getting). I see you recently reserved a boat as well, is the 10% down pretty typical? On another thread, that group made it sound unheard of to put that amount of money down.
10% is unheard of - typically $500-1000 is all dealers need to see that you're serious. Whatever you do, make sure it's a refundable deposit and they're not just looking for a dollar grab. Also dealers seem to be looking to honour 2020 prices on new models too since Yamaha fell well short of their typical production runs due to COVID closures.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Simone40 10% is ridiculous. Perhaps in their mind that means you can get approved or have the where with all to actually purchase the boat. Plus what does it matter whether it is $100 or $4000 if refundable. If you pull out, you get your money back, they call the next person on their list and the boat is sold. Perhaps they are getting a lot of calls and interest. Who knows.

Kawak11

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I stopped by my dealer this week. He said the dealer meeting was cancelled and will be virtual, no date. Said they will build 19's and 21's first with shipments landing sometime in September. No other updates, models, colors, etc.... He would only take my name, number, and what I was looking to purchase.

Great forum. Looking around and learning the past few years. Ready to buy!

ArchBuck

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Kawak11 - September is sad. That means by the time it is in my hands, there will be ice on the lake and we will be waiting til next year to get to try it... what a bummer.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If it is end of season, I would personally wait. See if pricing comes down through winter and 1st Quarter.

AndyGuertin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
10% is a lot I think. I only put $500 to reserve...but every dealership is different.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Remember at least half the country or more has seasons and the boating stops. I am sure there is going to be inventory once they get them out the door. 10% is ridiculous. For a home in a hot market you don't have to put down that much. $300-$500 at most. Plus half of the deals they try to write will fall through because someone can't get financing or because the dealer indicated a rate and payment that won't even be close once everything is sent over to the bank's or finance companies underwriting. Furthermore people will be trying to cut deals, which I believe will be non existent for a while.

My dealer indicated that about half of all deals he writes or less actually go through and close.

AndyGuertin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is why I moved to Florida. Fish, boat, play 12 months.

AndyGuertin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Love hearing the reviews. The more positive reviews I read, the more excited I get.

TimmyH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Love hearing the reviews. The more positive reviews I read, the more excited I get.
I love my 2020 SX 190. The amount of storage is great. Typically it’s my wife and I with 2 kids or 4 adults. Still maintains enough power to pop me outta water on skis and I’m 215. We had one trip with 8 folks With 2 large folks and she was a little sluggish. She lines up on the trailer every time with ease. Plenty of cup holders but I wish there was a port side cubby like on starboard side. Decent on gas. By cobra or JBP fins though, well worth the $200 investment trust me.