• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello From Canada

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
@212s - regarding hours, I have no excuse to not "rack 'em up". First we're retired and second we live on the water. We own a slip but we rent that out. We rent a slip ourselves at a marina about a 35 minute drive from us because it is right in the heart of the Thousand Islands, where we and our friends boat most of the time. There are plenty of clean washrooms at the marina and my wife has known the owners since they were children. They are very relaxed and encourage slipmates to BBQ etc. It's awesome. We set a goal to be on the water a minimum of 3 days a week for about 4 hours a trip. We'll see. Let's hope all forum members have great boating weather wherever they are this Summer!

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
@212s - regarding hours, I have no excuse to not "rack 'em up". First we're retired and second we live on the water.
I've decided I hate you.
:D
JK We have a ways to go to retirement, just looking forward to vacation days!
We own a slip but we rent that out. We rent a slip ourselves at a marina about a 35 minute drive from us because it is right in the heart of the Thousand Islands, where we and our friends boat most of the time. There are plenty of clean washrooms at the marina and my wife has known the owners since they were children. They are very relaxed and encourage slipmates to BBQ etc. It's awesome. We set a goal to be on the water a minimum of 3 days a week for about 4 hours a trip. We'll see. Let's hope all forum members have great boating weather wherever they are this Summer!
I second that!
Sounds like you guys have the ideal location. We hope to get up to Gan or Ivy Lea this summer to enjoy the new toy!
:thumbsup:

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I've decided I hate you.
:D
JK We have a ways to go to retirement, just looking forward to vacation days!

I second that!
Sounds like you guys have the ideal location. We hope to get up to Gan or Ivy Lea this summer to enjoy the new toy!
:thumbsup:
@212s .....Ha Ha ....good one! If the question is not too personal where did you buy your boat, we purchased ours at Pride Marine Kingston. Do you live in the 1000 Islands area? We moved from Ottawa (Manotick) to Brockville when we retired. As well, the Admiral has family in Brockville and Gananoque. BTW I really like the 212S particularly the arm rests on the captain's chairs!

Last edited:

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
@212s .....Ha Ha ....good one! If the question is not too personal where did you buy your boat, we purchased ours at Pride Marine Kingston. Do you live in the 1000 Islands area? We moved from Ottawa (Manotick) to Brockville when we retired. As well, the Admiral has family in Brockville and Gananoque. BTW I really like the 212S particularly the arm rests on the captain's chairs!
We shopped around at various places for quite a while but 212s stock was low at most dealers and Pride had none available in black. We ended up buying from a dealer a couple hours east (Dewildt - good service so far) where we could see the boat in person. Would have preferred a dealer closer, but no luck. We live near Kingston but boat everywhere from Lake Simcoe to Mallorytown. We're not near the water so we trailer where ever we want to go, often camping at various locations and boating in the areas where we camp. This year has turned out to be a wash for camping so far though due to COVID keeping the fun sites closed. At least we have a nice boat to enjoy the water!

The wife likes the arm rests too, but I find I don't use them much when driving the boat - one hand on the wheel and the other on the throttles most of the time, so my right arm doesn't rest on the chair arm much. But the position is comfortable so it's not an issue. My favourite feature aside from the twin engines, is the tower. Our old boat had a bimini that would rattle and shake in the waves, but this thing is rock solid and makes it a joy to drive. Also love the the marine mats throughout - comfortable and not hot under the feet. About the only thing we didn't like was the lack of volume from the stereo, but a 4/ch amp fixed that nicely. We also looked at Vortex and Scarab jetboats, but the Yamaha ticked all the boxes for us and we're happy!

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
We shopped around at various places for quite a while but 212s stock was low at most dealers and Pride had none available in black. We ended up buying from a dealer a couple hours east (Dewildt - good service so far) where we could see the boat in person. Would have preferred a dealer closer, but no luck. We live near Kingston but boat everywhere from Lake Simcoe to Mallorytown. We're not near the water so we trailer where ever we want to go, often camping at various locations and boating in the areas where we camp. This year has turned out to be a wash for camping so far though due to COVID keeping the fun sites closed. At least we have a nice boat to enjoy the water!

The wife likes the arm rests too, but I find I don't use them much when driving the boat - one hand on the wheel and the other on the throttles most of the time, so my right arm doesn't rest on the chair arm much. But the position is comfortable so it's not an issue. My favourite feature aside from the twin engines, is the tower. Our old boat had a bimini that would rattle and shake in the waves, but this thing is rock solid and makes it a joy to drive. Also love the the marine mats throughout - comfortable and not hot under the feet. About the only thing we didn't like was the lack of volume from the stereo, but a 4/ch amp fixed that nicely. We also looked at Vortex and Scarab jetboats, but the Yamaha ticked all the boxes for us and we're happy!
@212s ....thanks for the info. I called Dewildt about a boat too but it had just been sold. I had a good talk with them though and thought they were a class act. Once C19 burns-out we will start trailering distances too. We have gone up to the Muskokas before and that was great. We will head to Ottawa (Manotick area) on the Rideau and do that day trip. We sold the last of our big cruisers a 2014 Rinker EC360 and bought the 2018 Waverunner SVHO which I was totally happy with but the Admiral wanted a jet boat. After the massive expense of the cruisers and being limited to the St. Lawrence or locking through to the Rideauwe are enjoying the freedom. I am a bit startled by the posts about forum members experiencing leaks but I haven't had any so far and I leave it in the water at a slip in Gananoque. Speaking of black hulls our 2013 Rinker EC 310 and our 2014 Rinker EC 360 were both full black custom hulls - show stoppers wherever we docked! Love black hulls.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
@212s ....thanks for the info. I called Dewildt about a boat too but it had just been sold. I had a good talk with them though and thought they were a class act. Once C19 burns-out we will start trailering distances too. We have gone up to the Muskokas before and that was great. We will head to Ottawa (Manotick area) on the Rideau and do that day trip. We sold the last of our big cruisers a 2014 Rinker EC360 and bought the 2018 Waverunner SVHO which I was totally happy with but the Admiral wanted a jet boat. After the massive expense of the cruisers and being limited to the St. Lawrence or locking through to the Rideauwe are enjoying the freedom. I am a bit startled by the posts about forum members experiencing leaks but I haven't had any so far and I leave it in the water at a slip in Gananoque. Speaking of black hulls our 2013 Rinker EC 310 and our 2014 Rinker EC 360 were both full black custom hulls - show stoppers wherever we docked! Love black hulls.
That's a big change from a 36ft to a jetski! We actually considered a pair of jetskis, but we like to anchor and relax so a boat is a requirement. First jetboat and we couldn't be happier. Well maybe if we win the lottery!

Same here for leaks - no issues so far. I'm keeping my eye on it though in case a clamp works a bit loose. Not a big deal to tighten a clamp and I wouldn't consider that a defect. So far the only water issue I've seen is around the wet storage/cleanout plugs area where water seeps by the screwed down cover over the mufflers. I plan to run a bead of white silicone around it to seal it up (thanks @HangOutdoors) and then we should be completely dry. Most water I've seen is about a cup a day from water getting in past the cover. Engine bay is bone dry so far.