• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Hello from Dallas

Zechbruder

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Long time lurker here on Jetboaters, first time poster. I have finally bought a 2019 Yamaha SX210 a few weeks back at the Houston boatshow. In the past I owned a Sea Doo GTX 3 person PWC, and quickly found unsuitable for what my wife and I really wanted to do, which was cruise, then swim and relax at anchor. Sold that and bought a used 2006 Sea Doo Sportster which we enjoyed for a number of years until it was stolen 6 years ago. Every summer since, we missed that boat, small as it was. Finally, this was the year! watched the listings for months and struck a deal 3 weeks ago for the SX. I look forward to the adventures. I have already added Cobra Jet Steering. Changed the battery from flooded to AGM, (added a second of the same) along with adding the Blue Sea 4 position switch and a Pro Mariner 2 bank charger just can't bring myself to puncture for a Thru-hull AC plug just yet. Towing with a 2017 Toyota Tacoma 4dr 4x4 TRD long-bed, which does fine as long as it's in 4th out of 6 and kept to a max of 65mph. Conroe to Dallas was 13.2 mpg. Looking forward to warmer weather and getting to know the boat. Lake Grapevine is our usual Saturday lake, but want to explore lakes in northern and central Arkansas and eventually make the trek to Lake Powell. I have been pouring through the postings for Shade ideas and mounting a grill at the swim deck just to name a few projects.
unnamed.jpg

Nice! Dallas was cold last week! I thought when I went to Texas it would be a bit warmer!

Resized_20200126_222923(3)002.jpeg

Looks great! Good luck. I tow with my 4Runner and it tows great in a lower gear it keeps the rpms up and just tows better. Have fun.

giphy.gif

Congrats on the new boat and welcome aboard!

Long time lurker here on Jetboaters, first time poster. I have finally bought a 2019 Yamaha SX210 a few weeks back at the Houston boatshow. In the past I owned a Sea Doo GTX 3 person PWC, and quickly found unsuitable for what my wife and I really wanted to do, which was cruise, then swim and relax at anchor. Sold that and bought a used 2006 Sea Doo Sportster which we enjoyed for a number of years until it was stolen 6 years ago. Every summer since, we missed that boat, small as it was. Finally, this was the year! watched the listings for months and struck a deal 3 weeks ago for the SX. I look forward to the adventures. I have already added Cobra Jet Steering. Changed the battery from flooded to AGM, (added a second of the same) along with adding the Blue Sea 4 position switch and a Pro Mariner 2 bank charger just can't bring myself to puncture for a Thru-hull AC plug just yet. Towing with a 2017 Toyota Tacoma 4dr 4x4 TRD long-bed, which does fine as long as it's in 4th out of 6 and kept to a max of 65mph. Conroe to Dallas was 13.2 mpg. Looking forward to warmer weather and getting to know the boat. Lake Grapevine is our usual Saturday lake, but want to explore lakes in northern and central Arkansas and eventually make the trek to Lake Powell. I have been pouring through the postings for Shade ideas and mounting a grill at the swim deck just to name a few projects.
View attachment 111202
Nice boat. Good luck and :Welcome: to the forum! Lot of good people here to help keep you safe and on the water. Now, it's time for some mods to keep you boating with better performance. Have fun and let us know how we can help. Enjoy!!!

Congrats! Love the color...

Lake ouachita in hot spring is amazing. Wait until you put trim tabs and having to put a dozen holes below the waterline

83iPA8P.gif

Lake ouachita in hot spring is amazing. Wait until you put trim tabs and having to put a dozen holes below the waterline
Thanks. I have been there a couple of times, but not in nearly a decade. We took the Sea Doo Sportster there once in October. Water was still reasonably warm and we caught perfect mild weather with little wind. Lake was empty and like glass. Look foward to trying it again.
IMG_1842.JPG

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Congrats and welcome! Lots of lakes to explore and enjoy in the DFW area. Watch for a thread in the gathering section for our annual summer get together on Texoma in July or August. Nothing like Shelbyville unfortunately, but we drink beer, visit, and stand in 85° water while we listen to some tunes on our stereos. We've have a wedding one year too! You never really know what might happen.

Back