• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello from SML in VA

WTScott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
@LooHoo - I know you guys are going to enjoy the boat enormously. It was a tough decision for us vs the 242 X - great boat.

One thing - you keep talking about a boating "season"? Not sure what that is...... :). At least you guys don't get that really hard water like some places further north. We love (like most of the civilized world) North Carolina - great place to live.

Have fun.

LooHoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@WTScott Thank you! Yes, you Texans get to basically live on the water year-round. Jelly. Thing is, we've extended our season from what it was by moving here from the midwest 2.5 years ago (today, actually). So it's a huge win for us. :) SML has awesomely clear water. We love it. And we can't wait for the X to come in - should be any ole time now, and it's getting hard to occupy the mind, especially when temps are back up!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome @LooHoo and congrats on the new boat. This site was begun as a support group for those of us who obsess about our boats. When I say "support" I really mean encourage. So you've come to the right place ;)

LooHoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome @LooHoo and congrats on the new boat. This site was begun as a support group for those of us who obsess about our boats. When I say "support" I really mean encourage. So you've come to the right place ;)
Thank you! Encourage = enable, perhaps? ;)

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just sent you a whopper of a message back! ;)
Reviving old thread... lol
@LooHoo do you mind sending it to me too? I'd like to make it out to SML this year sometime too. @bronze_10 if you haven't made it up here yet or if you end up coming let me know, I'm only ~2 hours away from SML.

Edit: Also, I'm an idiot. I just realized its NOT 2017, I think the Mar 18 part threw me off!!! FML

Last edited:

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We have thought about going back up there this year sometime too if we have time... I know @AndyD wants to go as well..
Cool if you guys want to plan something let me know. we can either do a group PM or post something up in the destinations page. I'm free anytime except Labor Day weekend which would be pretty busy on the lake anyway.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We will see. We still have a falls lake gathering here north of raleigh coming up soon and then a few weeks after that a trip to or near cape lookout... Gotta see if we can fit it in.

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We will see. We still have a falls lake gathering here north of raleigh coming up soon and then a few weeks after that a trip to or near cape lookout... Gotta see if we can fit it in.
Yeah I’m thinking about jumping on the falls lake one, it’s not too far from here either.

LooHoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hey all - please keep me posted on this! We would love to meet up with all of you if you come up. We are tied up the 18th and 19th weekend but other than that I think we are pretty open. Labor Day is busy, yes, but we’ve always found it manageable. I’ve got your details on the boat ramp, etc. if/when you need them.

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey all - please keep me posted on this! We would love to meet up with all of you if you come up. We are tied up the 18th and 19th weekend but other than that I think we are pretty open. Labor Day is busy, yes, but we’ve always found it manageable. I’ve got your details on the boat ramp, etc. if/when you need them.
Yeah please PM then or better yet, post them on this thread.