• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello from SML in VA

LooHoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hi everyone,

I just signed up. On Friday, my husband and I decided that we are purchasing a new 2017 242x-e this week; not our first boat but our first jet boat. This forum has been really helpful in our research. We are full-time on Smith Mountain Lake in Virginia and it really feels like it's just about time to open the season. Can't wait - about 3-4 weeks until the 242 will arrive, we're told. I have to stop watching the YouTube videos and get my mind on something else or I might go nuts.

Looking forward to participating on the forum!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome.. we have talked about hailing to sml each year but we never do.. I have seen the pics.. it's beautiful..

LooHoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian I think we've read ALL your threads! :) @bronze_10 I think a trip here is in order - it's not far as I'm sure you know! It is very gorgeous. We tested a 242 LSE here Friday night and weren't sure if we'd get an idea of chop handling on this lake but the 16 mph winds helped us check that box! I won't say the temp (cold snap).

Thank you both for the welcome!

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@LooHoo - Congratulations on the newest member of your family!! .. and welcome aboard to the forum.

Have you already picked out your first few mods?... you know we love to help you spend your money:winkingthumbsup"

LooHoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Bennie LOL - going to need some help with that!!:D

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
May I suggest installing a set of bow handles.
IMHO - one of my favorite and most used mods. They come in very handy when utilizing the front ladder.

bow handles.jpg

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome. Been meaning to drag my boat to SML. Afraid i'll get lost on it

IMG_2418.JPG IMG_2413.JPG
IMG_2416.JPG IMG_2415.JPG

Attachments

LooHoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Bennie - absolutely! Thank you. I did not know about those. I've started the list.
with them. @justason are those arial SML shots? Love them! You should have seen us the first time. You can definitely get lost but it doesn't take long to get a basic working knowledge. We can always help! Worth it.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
are those arial SML shots? Love them!
They are. Taken last fall shortly after hurricane mathew came thru. 3500 ft up we just skirted the edge. I never knew it was against a ridgeline like that. It is a beautiful lookin lake

LooHoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
They are. Taken last fall shortly after hurricane mathew came thru. 3500 ft up we just skirted the edge. I never knew it was against a ridgeline like that. It is a beautiful lookin lake
Just pulled them up and see the new orange buoy line in front of the dam, which was installed last year, so I figured they were recent. It's worth a trip up - keep me posted, and thanks for sharing these awesome shots.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think we make have to take a day trip up this year.. it's only a few hours north from raleigh

LooHoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think we make have to take a day trip up this year.. it's only a few hours north from raleigh
Come on up and then you can show us how to Yamaha right! Our side of the lake is about 2:10 or :15 from the airport, I know that much (we just moved here from the midwest about 2 1/2 years ago so we're still orienting ourselves).

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! The 242x is a sweet ride so enjoy!

LooHoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thank you, @Shannon! Waiting on it is pretty torturous. Flurries in the air tonight helped a little. :eek:

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat and hope you guys have an awesome summer in it :thumbsup:

LooHoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat and hope you guys have an awesome summer in it :thumbsup:
Thank you! Excited for the season and to learn boating all over again with jet.

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum and jetboat ownership. My wife and I get to SML a couple of times each year to visit friends in Moneta. I hope we can spot your Yammy in the sea of Pontoons and Searays.

LooHoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum and jetboat ownership. My wife and I get to SML a couple of times each year to visit friends in Moneta. I hope we can spot your Yammy in the sea of Pontoons and Searays.
Thanks! Do you trailer your boat up when you visit? We should be easy to spot on the water, thanks to that hull, that swim platform and those colors. ;) Oh, and the bimini!

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
And the absence of a massive black motor jutting out of the stern ... we just drive up and hang out on our friend's pontoon. In the many years we've been going up there, I've never spotted a jetboat, so I will be on the lookout.