• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello from West Virginia

akozar

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Hey y’all! Hope to be there in late June early July. Live in Charles Town, WV and have family in Charleston, Point Pleasant, and Parkersburg. Just got back from PP after a couple of days on the water, mostly on the Kanawha... Ohio was full of wood chips and logs. Post up on your next trip and I will do the same. Keep an eye out for a 21 195S yacht blue and I’ll keep an eye out for you.

Cheers!
I live in NJ but I've got a house in Summersville so I'll be back few more times this summer. Be back for a long weekend July 4th again in mid July and a week in August. I'll look for ya.

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I live in NJ but I've got a house in Summersville so I'll be back few more times this summer. Be back for a long weekend July 4th again in mid July and a week in August. I'll look for ya.
Cool. Do you rent your home when you are not there? We have given up on motels and do mostly Vrbo homes when we travel.

akozar

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Cool. Do you rent your home when you are not there? We have given up on motels and do mostly Vrbo homes when we travel.
We used to but the damn subdivision association put a stop to me doing short term rentals. Pissed me off cause that was the reason I bought when I did. Retiring next year so I'll be there all summer.

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
We used to but the damn subdivision association put a stop to me doing short term rentals. Pissed me off cause that was the reason I bought when I did. Retiring next year so I'll be there all summer.
Congrats on retirement. I did it a couple of years ago and have done two things.... driven my wife crazy being around the house so much and having an absolute ball with the grandkids.

HOA’s suck, at least the one here does. Glad you will be in WV and we look forward to seeing you sometime on the lake. (This summer we will be the old folks trying to learn how to wakeboard and towing kids on a raft)

akozar

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats on retirement. I did it a couple of years ago and have done two things.... driven my wife crazy being around the house so much and having an absolute ball with the grandkids.

HOA’s suck, at least the one here does. Glad you will be in WV and we look forward to seeing you sometime on the lake. (This summer we will be the old folks trying to learn how to wakeboard and towing kids on a raft)
That's awesome I hope to be spending a lot of years doing the same thing. I'll definitely be looking for ya on the lake.

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We're looking to make a trip to Summersville this summer. I hear the water is very clear. What's it like on the weekends, do the ramps fill up? Does the lake get crowded? We would probably make the trip during the week - like a Wednesday to Saturday trip. Is it possible to get a slip for several nights so I don't have to launch and retrieve each day? Very interested in visiting the lake even though it's about a 5 hour drive.

akozar

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
We're looking to make a trip to Summersville this summer. I hear the water is very clear. What's it like on the weekends, do the ramps fill up? Does the lake get crowded? We would probably make the trip during the week - like a Wednesday to Saturday trip. Is it possible to get a slip for several nights so I don't have to launch and retrieve each day? Very interested in visiting the lake even though it's about a 5 hour drive.
Ramps and parking get crowded on the weekends. You'll be good doing a midweek trip. Even when its crowded it never seems crowded on the lake though. You can get overnight slips but call it in early if you know the dates.

akozar

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Ramps and parking get crowded on the weekends. You'll be good doing a midweek trip. Even when its crowded it never seems crowded on the lake though. You can get overnight slips but call it in early if you know the dates.
It is a beautiful lake and yes the water is very clear and usually pretty warm.

poordealguy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It rained all day on Saturday and yesterday. We went on the lake for a couple of hours yesterday and the water was warmer than the air temperature. It was cold and wet but the lake was like glass and the scenery beautiful with plenty of wildlife out. We had a great time today and will probably be back for a week next time.
We pulled the kid off the board and out of the water after about 15 minutes because all the pontoons and outboards racing past made us nervous. Are boaters on this lake usually careful and watching for tubers/boarders in the water?

akozar

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
It rained all day on Saturday and yesterday. We went on the lake for a couple of hours yesterday and the water was warmer than the air temperature. It was cold and wet but the lake was like glass and the scenery beautiful with plenty of wildlife out. We had a great time today and will probably be back for a week next time.
We pulled the kid off the board and out of the water after about 15 minutes because all the pontoons and outboards racing past made us nervous. Are boaters on this lake usually careful and watching for tubers/boarders in the water?
Yes they're usually mindful of skiers and tubers. I've never heard of any problems. But do your due diligence...it only takes one idiot. I didn't even get my boat in the water. Opted to get some work done around my house. I'll be back for the 4th of July. Hopefully better weather.

akozar

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Hey y’all! Hope to be there in late June early July. Live in Charles Town, WV and have family in Charleston, Point Pleasant, and Parkersburg. Just got back from PP after a couple of days on the water, mostly on the Kanawha... Ohio was full of wood chips and logs. Post up on your next trip and I will do the same. Keep an eye out for a 21 195S yacht blue and I’ll keep an eye out for you.

Cheers!
Gonna be back in Summersville next week. Keep my eye out for ya.

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Gonna be back in Summersville next week. Keep my eye out for ya.
Going to miss you this trip. We will be on the Ohio and Kanawha in Point Pleasant. Glad you are coming to WV and I hope you enjoy and have great weather!