• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help before buying buying 07 Sx210

Truemotors

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello everyone and thanks ahead of time . Ok I stop by a local marina who’s selling a 2007 for a customer of there’s who is the original owner. Owner is willing to let go for 10k. Below I will post an email the owner wrote to salesman . Basically one of the engines is causing boat to go into restricted mode and owner decided to sell and bought a new pontoon boat and also I noticed that they blocked of scupper valve which I don’t know if ok to do. I’m new to jet boat and was planning on doing most work myself I do have mechanic back ground but not boats any help will be more than appreciated this is first boat in my price range for last two years and don’t want to miss out

Attachments

Truemotors

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Please let me know if you think it’s worth it .

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Aloha,

Before anything make a REALLY detailed inspection and of course start it up.

That pic looks like rust so start at the Engine Bay and then work around to the deck plate at the swim platform and open that and get a peak (will need a phillips screw driver probably).

I would also contact someone who's already an owner of Yamaha and consider enlisting him to go look at it with you.

Lastly I would offer a lower price so that your 10k starting point which you appear willing to pay is offset by the cost of parts and time it may take to get this boat ship-shape.

Good Luck.

Truemotors

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Aloha,

Before anything make a REALLY detailed inspection and of course start it up.

That pic looks like rust so start at the Engine Bay and then work around to the deck plate at the swim platform and open that and get a peak (will need a phillips screw driver probably).

I would also contact someone who's already an owner of Yamaha and consider enlisting him to go look at it with you.

Lastly I would offer a lower price so that your 10k starting point which you appear willing to pay is offset by the cost of parts and time it may take to get this boat ship-shape.

Good Luck.
Thanks for the response. Yea price started at 12 but he lowered without me saying a word but they don’t have a yds to scan it at least that’s what he told me.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Get a compression check on every cylinder, look in the oil cap for any evidence of white film indicating water in the engine, Mr1 engines are good but they have some issues when they get older like leaking exhaust manifolds allowing water in the oil and number 2 spark plugs breaking off in the head and of course the usual pump and liner issues.