• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

@HELP - Check Port Engine Light

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
[USERGROUP=9]@HELP[/USERGROUP]
Here is the scenario:
- Ran engines briefly in our storage unit. All normal.
- Backed in boat at launch ramp. Fired up the engines and instantly received "Check Engine! Stop Port Engine. Consult YAMAHA dealer."
- Turned off the engines and batteries hoping that it would clear. Fired them back up and received the warning again.
- Tested the port engine. Revs perfect. Sounds smooth. So I decided to take the boat out for a test.
- Everything tested fine. Ran the boat at full throttle for about 5-10 minutes. Still getting the warning but everything is functioning as normal.
- Turned the batteries back on this morning. The warning came up instantly without even starting the engine. The attached pic is of the warning and the engines are not even on.
- Starting Battery is at 12.8 and House Battery is at 12.4. I also checked the clean out ports and intake grates and they seem to be clear.

Again, the boat seems to be running perfectly normal... I just can't get this warning to clear.

Any thoughts?
IMG_2119.jpg

You are going to be burning a shit load of fuel, the CPU will default the mixture to a safe rich condition. I had a air intake temp sensor issue on my MasterCraft, dealer said it was OK to run. I went out and did our normal day and had to fuel up on the river at 6.60 a gallon, I never had to fuel up on the river before. Mine turned out to be a faulty crimp connection in the plug

Seems like the Help function didn’t work here.

I didn’t get a notice and only 1 response?

Back