• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

HELP: Need pic of stock Yamaha AR230 wiring at battery.

Scott Taylor

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi All,
I made the stupid mistake of disconnecting all the wires from the stock Battery without noting them first. I am in the middle of adding a "Blue Sea add a battery kit", and now have lost track of which wires are Positive and which are negative. I'm used to all red = +, black = -, however I think on this boat they used black also for auxiliary power.

Could someone post the pics of the stock wiring connected to the battery so I can see which are which.

Thanks so much!

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No picture but follow one of the small black wire until you find a fuses holder then that is your positive accessory wire. The black ground accessory typically has a couple of wires together.

Steelerville

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's easier than that. Pull the jacket back on the small wires. It says hot and the wire is red

Scott Taylor

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks guys, got that part running. Still looking for help where the two starter Isolation wires are? I need to connect a Diode and need to connect to those. I'm following the wiring suggested in the attached doc located @ https://www.bluesea.com/resources/65

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
or it may be helpful if you post a picture of what you have or tell us how many of what you have, being a 2008 somebody could've have changed your "stock" setup,

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
and glad to have you onboard,
be sure to check out the FAQ for lots of great ideas, especially your scupper valve and if you change your own spark plugs be careful of #3, it has a history of being seized and breaking during removal,

Scott Taylor

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks. I read some of the posts, thanks for the heads up, good things to know going forward. I've already suffered from the stuck clean out, got one out, the other is still in. I'll try the ice bath trick this year.

I think the wiring from the helm back to the motors is stock. I'm out of town right now, will take pic this weekend. I assume the starter signal switch is somewhere there. I checked at the keys, there were like 10 wires coming off each key, both with purple wires & a plethera of other colors. Not sure which is the one I would need to use to isolate the starter. Trying to stop the popping coming through the speakers when I turn the keys over. Probably the other fixes I did will solve it, but since Blue sea recommended the Diode I figured for $10 why not.

Also, @ ScottinTexas, what is a Scupper valve?

and glad to have you onboard,
be sure to check out the FAQ for lots of great ideas, especially your scupper valve and if you change your own spark plugs be careful of #3, it has a history of being seized and breaking during removal,

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Scott Taylor

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For anyone needing it I found it online:
upload_2017-5-18_12-3-40.png

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
sorry, I thought you had this handled, I don't think guys that run multiple batteries have to mess with anything behind the helm or their key switch wiring, only routing the cables at the battery,

I only have one battery so I can't comment for sure,