• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help needed 2003 lx210 urgent

Laconic

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I have 2 urgent issues. One while installing one of my new tachometers I hit the ignition accidentally and then touched the ground and ignition accidentally. Where is the fuse? Second while looking for the fuse I noticed a crap ton of aluminum in the engine compartment but I can't find where it came from any guesses based on the picture?

In the crystal river area if anyone knows of a good shop.

image.jpg

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Fuses should be in little black "blocks" screwed to the wall by the battery but that is how mine is and i don't recall how the two smokes are.
Also,in each ignition box on the back wall is a round cap with a fuse under it and should be a spare.
Hard to tell what the chunks are

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Btw, you upgrade lines or go to premix yet?

Laconic

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I was actually going to ask should I go with the island racing lines or the block off kit and go premix. In the meantime, I am premixing 100:1 and using the injection system.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
how long have you owned the boat?

Crystal river Texas or Oklahoma?

Laconic

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
4-5 weeks of ownership it's my first boat. Crystal River FL, North of Tampa, home of the manatee.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I prefer the upgraded lines because it is much more convenient to fill the oil tank every few tanks of gas. Also is variable with rpm so you get the amount of oil it's optimized for.
The oil also is being injected into the motor even if you run out of gas or it is starting rough etc.

Laconic

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Found the issue one of head coolant lines had popped out killing the rear most piston and rod.

Going to sbt to get 2 motors 53DBF8CA-DF26-403D-9A0B-3AD6663FC6B8.jpeg375ABD9D-7E7C-451A-9394-451E34A545D4.jpegand starters tomorrow.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh, I found from where the aluminum came... Geez. Ugly. Sorry to see that. Only had it 4-5 weeks? Double ouch.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
That really stinks.
That's exactly why I mentioned it right away too. That's also how I had gotten my exciter 270 (my first boat) and I rebuilt the engines and upgraded the lines and it was a rocket after that!
Look for jetski parts if you need any odds and ends.
EDIT My exciter lost the oil lines, sounds like you lost coolant lines. Same problem in the end I guess! Far less common for that to happen. Total bummer man!

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Holy shit, that's brutal. Sorry to see that.

addisonm06

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
id stay away from SBT rebuilds. Youve been warned.

addisonm06

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I have heard a lot of bad things about SBT rebuilds. Its preference i suppose; personally i would never purchase and use one. They use a lot of Chinese parts and have a lousy reputation. I would want a receipt of the parts that were used and who rebuilt them.

Last edited:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I have heard a lot of bad things about SBT rebuilds. Its preference i suppose; personally i would never purchase and use one. They use a lot of Chinese parts and have a lousy reputation. I would want a receipt of the parts that were used and who rebuilt them.
I had bought a couple things from them like pistons and such and it was simple things that were missing but the pieces themselves are fine.
I would just go with the premium and get the longer warranty.

Laconic

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I had bought a couple things from them like pistons and such and it was simple things that were missing but the pieces themselves are fine.
I would just go with the premium and get the longer warranty.

I went with the 2 year warranty and now that I swapped them out once, I could do it in a lot less time

Thanks

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I went with the 2 year warranty and now that I swapped them out once, I could do it in a lot less time

Thanks
Their how to on removal and install is pretty good.

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Way too late for that, they are in and being broken in. Would you elaborate on why? I would like to know what I am in for. Thanks
You got the engines ripped down, rebuilt, and reinstalled in two weeks? Damn! That's some pretty quick service!