• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help with pricing used sea-doos

Livewire

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I found two used seadoos on my local FB marketplace. Only had two pictures and his description said won’t start. After contacting him he said they turn over just won’t fire and that one smokes a little. I’m unsure if these are 2 or 4 strokes, but leaning towards 2. I asked what he was asking for the pair and he said he was hoping for 1250. That lets me know he’ll take 1000.

What do you guys think? From the pictures looks like a no brainer.

Attachments

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Those are 4 stroke. I believe some GTXs were supercharged and some were not. 155HP vs 215HP. If they are supercharged, the ceramic washers go bad and can grenade the engine.

To be honest, $1000 is a pretty good price assuming they are salvageable. Even if you cannibalize one to make the second run, one running ski and trailer is probably worth about $2500. Note that these are not as reliable as our Yamaha engines. I had a 2008 RTX (215HP supercharged) and I loved it but always felt it needed to be babied.

What year are they? Lots and lots of info available at GreenHulk.net.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Also, “they turn over but won’t fire” could be a million things. I found a similar deal last year and I can’t remember the price but I want to say she was asking $1500-2000. When I got there both engine compartments were filled with rain water so I decided against them as new engines are something like $1800. Even the trailer needed tires just to move.

Pictures can be deceiving but there are plenty of hidden gems out there so definitely follow through.

Livewire

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Those are 4 stroke. I believe some GTXs were supercharged and some were not. 155HP vs 215HP. If they are supercharged, the ceramic washers go bad and can grenade the engine.

To be honest, $1000 is a pretty good price assuming they are salvageable. Even if you cannibalize one to make the second run, one running ski and trailer is probably worth about $2500. Note that these are not as reliable as our Yamaha engines. I had a 2008 RTX (215HP supercharged) and I loved it but always felt it needed to be babied.

What year are they? Lots and lots of info available at GreenHulk.net.
The seller didn’t state what year they were. I assume around 2003 or so. I did join the seadoo forums and they said the triton trailer alone is worth 1000. I’m going to look at them tomorrow afternoon. I told him I plan on buying them to try to keep him from selling to anyone.

Livewire

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Totally forgot to come back here and give a update. Well I bought the skis. Had to pay 1200 for them. I joined greenhulk and have been posting over there about them. Turns out these are the red headed step children of seadoos. I got one reply saying they may never run again. Well I go out and inspect them closer Sunday and notice the plug wires are off both engines and spark plugs are barely screwed in. I hand tighten them and hooked up another battery and the first ski chirps to life. Hit the starter and to my surprise it fires right up and idles fine. I shut it down and try it again and it starts effortlessly again. Well I’m pretty stoked now. Checked the engine hours and it has 118.

Now for the other ski. The fuel pump didn’t prime when placing the lanyard key in it. This ski has 119 hours. I’m not sure if there’s a fuse that might have blown or if the fuel pump is bad. Waiting for reply’s at GH as to my next step.

Edited to say that both are 2002 GTX DI’s and are 2 strokes.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is the second ski getting the 2 chirp sound when the lanyard is taken off and put back on?

Livewire

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Yes it gives two chirps, just don’t hear the fuel pump prime.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well you have a working ski to try swapping parts to see what works without spending money.

Livewire

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Good advice! That’s the same answer i got over at GH. That or either get a 400 dollar candoo to eliminate costly guess work.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
That is an awesome deal! I still have two old SeaDoo two strokes back home that both still run. One is a 1992 and the other is a 1994. They are much slower than the 2008 I sold 3 years ago but have been very reliable.

Livewire

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Another update on the skis. I made my way to the fuel tank and checked voltage to the fuel pump. Not sure if I had a lose connection or pump was stuck. When I plugged the harness back in and put the key in it. The fuel pump started priming. So I try the start button and the second ski fires right up now. Pretty stoked about it!