• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

@HELP

If the impeller is out of balance wilm that not increase stress on the shaft and bearing which could cause additional failure?

Yes. Absolutely. That is why I would not run it significantly as it is. That one is too far out of whack. But there is no material gone--so if you can correct (or mostly correct) by bending it back, you can probably have a useful impeller. I bent two (smaller) dings out of mine that way and had a very positive result.

I would call my dealer and see if they have that impeller in stock. If so, I would remove it myself and take it in and have the dealer remove old and install new impeller. If they don’t have the impeller in stock, try to straighten it out as best you can and reinstall. It won’t be as good as it was but you will be able to get out on the water. Otherwise, your boating season is probably already over! Good luck

Back