• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Helping AR190 fit into low garage door

troy henrie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It seems like I remember seeing some threads years ago where people altered their trailers to get the clearance lower on an AR190. I have tried looking and can't find anything about it... Does anyone know anything about this topic?
Thanks.
Troy

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Depends on the year if you have the forward swept tower or rear swept tower. Forward swept, you can make it lay lower to fit in garage. Rear swept,like mine, you're SOL

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It seems like I remember seeing some threads years ago where people altered their trailers to get the clearance lower on an AR190. I have tried looking and can't find anything about it... Does anyone know anything about this topic?
Thanks.
Troy
Remove the stops as shown in the thread linked above. I did this within minutes of getting home with the new boat in '17 and have been doing it ever since.

I lower the tower, rest it on the steering wheel, back in, then put tower back up. I was (key word there is was) fortunate to have very tall ceilings in the garage at the house. We're moving and the new garage has very LOW ceilings. SO, I'll be putting the stops back in with the modified length. I think I had a post about the pieces/parts needed to do that, and the part numbers to order them from McMaster-Carr. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll track it down.

*edit* here's the parts list -> https://jetboaters.net/threads/how-to-get-your-2016-ar192-or-ar195-in-a-garage-less-than-7.10369/page-2#post-231319 */edit*

Overall, it's a relatively simple process. For the last two years I've had to store with the cover on and the tower down. In that situation, I use the stock cable stops and simple thread them on as far as they will go, then the tower rests on the cables all winter, and I get to keep the cover on all winter as well. It's worked great.

Let me know if you need more details, and I'll do what I can to help.